Could this be Jedi Knight 4? =o

Best answers
Lucasarts said that they were interested in the wii but no game was in the works.

Best answers
clen said:
Lucasarts said that they were interested in the wii but no game was in the works.
-- I see, i guess their playing it safe until they see how it sells, and how well it does overall-- oh well, hopefully they'll end up making one eventually.

Best answers
Scruff said:
Wii version ftw, ^_^.

QFT!

-----

looks rather neat! wouldn't mind playing it out! =D stormtroopers shall be owned pretty hard with just thous powers.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Diamond Princess said:
-- I wasn't impressed at all. So basically the video showed off the physics and stuff and ect, blah blah blah-- that was rather boring and it certainly didn't look as appealing as Cell Factor when it comes too it either. If it really turns out too really be for the Playstation 3 of Xbox 360 only with all the high demand for a Wii version over the others ones by a rather large margin , i'd be surprised, seriously-- a Wii version in the works over this, now that would be enticing. I just dont see the appeal here i suppose.
there is high demand sure. but the Wii isnt capable of either the graphics, or the physics showcased in that demo. and bearing in mind that they have opted for standard DVD, i would guess it would also be incapable of the information storage as well. as much as ive enjoyed nintendo consoles, i still see them for what they are:

medeocre.

the games that are released for nintendo consoles, are usually pretty cool, if aimed at a slightly younger audience. but if the console is incapable of giving what some games require, theres no point putting a game out for it.

if i remember rightly, the last star wars 3rd person game for a nintendo console, was shadows of the empire.... which sucked.

anyway, thats just my opinion on why we wont see this game on the Wii.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, Go Go JK4
Guess we'll just have to wait and see, seeing as there is not much info on this yet.. It would be cool to do those stuff tho... They would have to tone it down for multiplayer tho XD

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Definitely not ingame. Still, looks ok. I'm more of a fan of the "classic" jedi, opposed to the "stab my lightsaber into the ground and somehow knock away all the enemies around me" and the other ridiculous force powers.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/720/720398p1.html

younger gamer took the microphone and asked if the company would be showing support for the newest motion-controlled Nintendo console. Sansweet's responded simply by stating the likeness between the Wii controller and a lightsaber, followed by a statement that LucasArts would be supporting every next generation system.
zomg /me starts working out in preparation

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gamespot said:
The clip is also a "pre-visualization"--a video made to give people an idea of what to expect in the upcoming game, and is not running on the game's engine
So no it's not ingame. But it does look pretty damn cool.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Those are some nifty force powers/effects, but I'm sorry to say that it didn't snag my interest at all. I'd prefer to see how lightsaber combat would be developed for this, as that, imo, is the core of the last 2 Dark Forces/JK games. Force powers rapidly moved from "neat" to "needlessly gimmicky" when I played through JK2 and JKA.

I, personally, wouldn't mind seeing a version for the Wii; the gameplay control, alone, would be mind-blowing. Oh, and to whoever said that a Nintendo console hasn't had a Star Wars 3rd person game since Shadows: like the other major consoles, I'm pretty sure that the GCN got a port of JK2. They also got some of the universally unsuccessful games, like Clone Wars, and Bounty Hunter. Plus, the graphics wouldn't be horrid on the Wii, anyway. "Not PS3 or 360 level" does not mean "hideously bad" in my books. Gameplay ftw. At the end of the day, I'd settle for a PC version, anyway; I prefer a mouse to dual analogs.

At any rate, the graphics are nice, and the force powers look nifty, but no lightsaber demonstration makes me, for lack of a better term, a "sad panda".

Best answers
I'm with Kurt, I don't think that all this new Force **** is anywhere near as fun as the classic Jedi.

And c'mon Gir, you're kidding me here, you're saying a Star Wars game with AW3XS0M3 graphics and the same old-same old gameplay would beat the **** out of a Star Wars game where you actually got to wield a lightsaber, but the graphics were only marginally better than what we already have in the Jedi Knight series?

I'm sorry, but that just sounds like a load of **** to me. :/

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did I call that or what?

Anyway, it says Star Wars PS3... I pray to God that they also make it for the PC and have, you know, good controls [IE: Not Consolefied, more FPS like the Jedi Knight games].

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom