core of the map

Beta Tester Squad
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I was just thinking that evy map suld have a core and if you hit the core the hole map's sky will change to black or whatever the team's like and some lighings will strat droping from from the sky big winds and so one.If if you want the planet to turn how it was then the planet must make a boom and the explosion will kill evryon on the planet and come back to normal

Best answers
Hmm, but that would be annoying. Especially if someone kept spamming it etc. I dunno. Depends on your mood of play to be honest.

-GuZzie

Beta Tester Squad
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
or it could be after playing fro 30 min the weather will change

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
The real question is is it possible. You cant just change skymaps. You have to edit the BSP file directly. On other words chage the map.

HL was not ment to have a changing sky. If this was possoible than youd have a map that changes day and night time.

Beta Tester Squad
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
The real question is is it possible. You cant just change skymaps. You have to edit the BSP file directly. On other words chage the map.

HL was not ment to have a changing sky. If this was possoible than youd have a map that changes day and night time.
but on a groundsize map in open beta the sky changes so it's posible or it's that a trick

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
but on a groundsize map in open beta the sky changes so it's posible or it's that a trick
There is a trick. That could be used in ESF. But that trick would use up r_speeds witch is bad ^^

Best answers
You mean constant lag?

:EDIT:

Now, it wouldn't be a bad idea if that would be used with frieza in his 4th form... the "hit the core" thing. Just make the entire map dark or something (hell I've seen it done in evm so :p) and then a timer shows up. IF FRIEZA DIES BEFORE THE TIMER ENDS, the whole thing gets cancelled. This could be a special deathball, apart from the one he already has, so it wouldn't screw the original one up. It'd take a bunch of time to charge up (20-25 seconds maybe?) and like a whole minute for the "planet" or map to "blow up" (entire screen goes white in player's view - like solar flare) and goodbye =P. A bit more of an eye-candy than an actual USEFUL feature, I guess... Plus, the noobs wouldn't overuse it or spam with it bcos.. well... they're noobs. They probably wouldn't dominate melee yet, for example, which is an effective way to kill some1 nowadays. Beams can be dodged, so bleh.

Now, it'd be kinda illogical to shoot the damn thing at the "roof" of the map or whatever, so u might create an entity in each map, located in the center of the map (core). once that entity is hit with the deathball, sayonara map if the players don't kill the frieza user in time.

Oh and another thing: if there are more than one friezas in the map, try doing a "switcheroo", like in CS (which terrorist gets the bomb and when). Something random.

Once the deathball is used, make a 20 minute break before another or the same frieza can use it.

lol I guess it's harder to do it than to write it, but I leave that choice up to u guys. ;) I think it'd be a cool feature.

Oh and btw, the frieza class's teammates will not be harmed unless friendly fire is on.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
You mean constant lag?

:EDIT:

Now, it wouldn't be a bad idea if that would be used with frieza in his 4th form... the "hit the core" thing. Just make the entire map dark or something (hell I've seen it done in evm so :p) and then a timer shows up. IF FRIEZA DIES BEFORE THE TIMER ENDS, the whole thing gets cancelled. This could be a special deathball, apart from the one he already has, so it wouldn't screw the original one up. It'd take a bunch of time to charge up (20-25 seconds maybe?) and like a whole minute for the "planet" or map to "blow up" (entire screen goes white in player's view - like solar flare) and goodbye =P. A bit more of an eye-candy than an actual USEFUL feature, I guess... Plus, the noobs wouldn't overuse it or spam with it bcos.. well... they're noobs. They probably wouldn't dominate melee yet, for example, which is an effective way to kill some1 nowadays. Beams can be dodged, so bleh.

Now, it'd be kinda illogical to shoot the damn thing at the "roof" of the map or whatever, so u might create an entity in each map, located in the center of the map (core). once that entity is hit with the deathball, sayonara map if the players don't kill the frieza user in time.

Oh and another thing: if there are more than one friezas in the map, try doing a "switcheroo", like in CS (which terrorist gets the bomb and when). Something random.

Once the deathball is used, make a 20 minute break before another or the same frieza can use it.

lol I guess it's harder to do it than to write it, but I leave that choice up to u guys. ;) I think it'd be a cool feature.

Oh and btw, the frieza class's teammates will not be harmed unless friendly fire is on.
EVM just manipulated the light of the map. Not the actual skybox. So they only did half the trick.

Beta Tester Squad
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
so it's posible to do that thing one entry point to make the sky black and lighing like Goku first trans lighing coming from the sky , that will be nice to see but only on namek's maps or an a namek map

Best answers
EVM just manipulated the light of the map. Not the actual skybox. So they only did half the trick.
Well, ok then, darken the map, whatever. But I can't believe u only read how the map is gonna get darker when I got a whole concept on how to make the map go caplooey without spamming or unfair advantage.;/

so it's posible to do that thing one entry point to make the sky black and lighing like Goku first trans lighing coming from the sky , that will be nice to see but only on namek's maps or an a namek map
why the hell only a namek map?! John, just an advice, for the last time, stop sticking to the dbz storyline so damn much THIS IS A ****ING GAME!!!

God...:p

Beta Tester Squad
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
why the hell only a namek map?! John, just an advice, for the last time, stop sticking to the dbz storyline so damn much THIS IS A ****ING GAME!!!

God...:p
I know it's a game but I don't whant to have lag on the map whit the map beeing destroyed

Best answers
...why lag? I doubt it would cause lag. Does it lag at crossfire (half-life) when u request an airstrike in the bunker? same principles. It won't lag.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes Andy, but you have to keep in mind, 99% of all the Half Life mods stress the engine more than Half Life itself did. What you are suggesting is just not impossible, you can't change the sky box as far as I know, and you certainly wouldn't be able to change a large proportion of the map. The engine just can't handle that and it would lag like ****.
Not to mention, a deathball that would require a 20 second charge up? It just takes the team way to much time that could be spent on other useful things. This suggestion will not happen, I guarantee it.

Best answers
sigh..... I didn't suggest that the map would be torn to pieces or anything, I just suggested an explosion. The map can stay all the same, as much as I care. It'd just be a cool dbz-ish eye-candy, that's all.

No skybox changes, no map distortion or anything that remotelly CHALLENGES the engine itself in any way. It's just an explosion with high blastradius, no sprites, a simple sound and a solar-flare-ish effect. I doubt very much it's all that half-life engine challenging, unless a team member comes at this thread and says otherwise! I've seen explosions in evm (AND YES, U CAN make them bigger) that only make ppl blind. The lag remains INTACT, I can assure you!

EVM owners, try it.

.coreexplsionmp 50
.coredamagemp 100

launch a gen beam and they all go goodbye. The pings, intact!

And the 20 seconds thing is to balance it; it'd be very *** if u could do it in 10 or 15 seconds (spamming doors would be wide-opened for every1!).

I mean c'mon u guys, frieza is a weakling as he is, the least u can do is add him a god-damn special! It'd be a small advantage and a good strategy in team gaming: "I'll charge up the Death Ball, you distract them!"

It's risky because u can get hit, it's risky because u can lose it all by getting killed, it's fun!

Huge advantage (explosion) versus huge disadvantage (odds for it not happening).

Force Pit Member
Best answers
well if its posible to make that sort of map insted of blowinng up the all thig after a period of time , use the dragon balls to birng everithing back to normal

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom