Computer Suicide

Best answers
Ok this is pretty much a warning to anyone.....if you ever go to a website and you get a pop-up called....E_Ware Version 3.23 DONT DOWNLOAD IT! Your computer downloads this stuff all the time unless you have super high security levels. But I decided to put mine on Medium. Then this thing pops up and IT LOOKED SO LEGIT!! It had links to microsofts website...I thought...Turns out this guy made a complete replica of the Microsoft website....And now I installed this thing and Now my friends computer is dead...dont get this thing...IT very very bad!

Best answers
I close any pop-ups I get anyways, so I don't have to worry about these things. Still, thanks for the warning!

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
My browser doesn't let me get popups, so I'm not worried and neither should you be. Just use your discretion.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kurt said:
My browser doesn't let me get popups, so I'm not worried and neither should you be. Just use your discretion.
I also am unable to get pop-ups. But even as a general rule, I never download anything I find in a pop-up

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Evil_Trunks said:
I also am unable to get pop-ups. But even as a general rule, I never download anything I find in a pop-up
what browser you use? even with inet+google toolbar, pop-ups still come like once in a while.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MoZilla Firefox is what I use, and it stops just about every single popup you could imagine cropping up while surfing. Its speed is comparable to or faster than IE so it's worth a look. Just remember, no matter what browser you're using, don't download anything that pops up onto your screen unless you're:
A.) On an official website, such as as microsoft or java or windows or micromedia site, and
B.) You look closely over the name of the program the pop up wants to install, and if necessary, pop it into Google and see if a virus database pops up.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
If you suspect that you have something installed and running on your system, you can bring up your task manager and take a peep at what is running. If you are unsure of what something is, enter the filename like "svchost.exe" into google, and you'll get info on it.

(svchost.exe is part of windows and yes it has more than one instance running -_-)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
only an idiot would download some random pop up exe

so yeah prob deserve to be infected if u hit yes id like to download some obvious spyware/virus

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or you can wait till IE 6.5 comes out with XP SP2.

Best answers
LOL

Next time maybe we should put up a sign saying 'Don't trust pop-ups!'

But nyeah, your fault, you gotta pay for it lol.
Yay for IE6.5 coming with popup blockers....geez microsoft sure does catch on slowly....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there is a simalar thing for gunbound, but it only crashes your account. The dude made a complete replica of the gunbound website, and you type your name and password in the login thing and it sends it directly to his email and he takes ur stuff and crashes your account.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People that download from popups deserve to get viruses

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks for the tip, I better be careful now when I download the random pop-ups that I know will be either a virus or spyware. :S

Best answers
Ok i didnt get to finish my post....This spyware was disguised as a Microsoft Update...BUT HERES THE THING...My friend tried to get a Mircosoft Security update and This popped up. There are E_wares that come from Microsoft and have version 1-4. He saw this Version 3.34 of E_ware and he knew that E_ware was Microsoft. So he downloaded it BUT it turned out that Microsoft Never had a 3.34 and had a 3.35! So this was a virus that nailed his machine and also nailed mine but MY STUPID MOM turned the download prompt OFF!!! So it downloaded automaticly. Hey even Microsoft found this and was confused untill they looked at it closely.

Just a warning to ya guys.

Best answers
Yeah Microsoft issued a warning a while back about not checking the "always trust this source" or something similar box.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Majin Krillin said:
Yeah Microsoft issued a warning a while back about not checking the "always trust this source" or something similar box.
They found that their software certificate could be forged, they patched, and apparently it happened again.

Lovely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom