Competition poll!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I voted for Mr. Ray's. His is a work of beauty. It's a dead on hit with the model but also he did something amazing with the skinning. He gave Zero dirt and scratchs, like he he should have. Remember that Zero in MMZero is REALLY old and have been through alot of battles. Mr. Ray showed that to us through his skinning and I think its the best.

DMW

Best answers
Good job everyone in the compitition,all of the zero's look awsome,i wont tell who i voted for,but good luck to you all.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Growler said:
:0 I wasn't done! LOL
well, here is an update- I don't yet know how to skin, but if someone wants to, they can help me.

i dont think you understand the concept of a deadline, updates or not, its past the closing date for the competition. your update doesnt count.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
i dont think you understand the concept of a deadline, updates or not, its past the closing date for the competition. your update doesnt count.
True, but I just wanted to show it anyway. I know I wasn't going to win

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well even tough the poll is closed i still vote for enix's, kreshi is runnerup, but his skin looks weird the others were unfinished except for ray's he has stupid hair, if his hair was modelled in instead of just being a skin...he would have won for sure

DMW

Best answers
Well congratulations to Enix/Night Terror on your victory in the Zero Modeling compitition,and good job everyone else as well.So Enix Have any idea what your gonna choose to be the next model compition topic?

Best answers
Thanks for the nice comment Davidskiwan and congrats to Enix/N.Terror for the landslide victory. I'm glad I started something good in teh forum and hope that every month their is a new contest =D.

Congrats on all the fabulous entries!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im hoping for a good run of comps too. hopefully they wont all be as specific as "model this character" as thats kinda restrictive on the artistic side =/

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hopefully, they wont only be "Model..."

The skinners need a little somethin somethin too ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how are you supposed to skin something that isnt there? :p the whole point (in my eyes) of these competitions, is to get people better at every aspect, from initial concept, through modeling, and then texturing, and then animating (posed beauty renders).

you cant really have a skinning competition, as there would be no models to skin :p

Best answers
I agree with Mad_Ax. The competitions from this point should be more creative and should require everything to use their artistic abilities from conceptualization to finalization of a 3d model. This is a 3d forum afterall. Plus this can be a learning experience for the skinners. learn to skin your own models =D. Just as I was an animator, im learning to model now as well.

Looks like we have a clear winner so far. Congrats to enix so far and great job
on all the entrees once more. Hope you pick a good next topic!

DMW

Best answers
Mad axman and davidhalo must have missed his point,when i said does he have any idea what the next modeling compition topic would be,he said there should be somthing for the skinners,he meant dont make the compition just a modeling but skinning as well.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't sem to see the pics :( my browser or my internet connection must be a bish atm :( /me wants to see those seckseh models

Best answers
Congrats dude =], even though we all knew youd win anyway.. bleh
Oh gir, you know, I think it would be better if we maybe made a sub forum for the 3d cometitions, under the model/skins forum. I think it would make it much better orginized =].

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes, i would also like to see a sub forum

btw congrats enix, you finished super fast too :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats an admin thing, feel free to pm majin_you with the suggestion, might as well go to the top of the chain.

however, i dont really feel we need a competition sub forum for a monthly comp.

Best answers
When enix says what to make? >_<
Oh another thing. If the winner isnt here to decide, does it go to the person who came 2nd to make the choice?

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Polycount does it and it's working for them. A competition sub-forum would be cool, in my opinion. We could have seperate WIP threads like Polycount so that the awesomeness of the better ones don't drown out the little people.

I wanted to finish this, but I was busy, so sorreh. I'll finish the Zero SOMETIME, though. Congrats NightTerror/Enix/WhateveryournamewasbeforethatIforgot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom