Combo's Made Easy

Best answers
The whole idea of combo's to me would be when you hit the enemy, you could press the teleport key and you would be near that enemy you just hit. In that brief second you have the chance to hit the enemy in the direction that you are facing. And the more you get into the combo's the faster that one second gets so you can not just keep hitting them till they die with ease.

Also in that brief second, you can scroll down one to the kill blob and blast them, but that is the ending to the combo sequence. So once you use the kill blob you can not contiue on with the combo.

Crits on the idea?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
...... Isn't that sorta... cheap? Making melee into an attack that's unescapable except for when you're fighting somebody with poor reflexes would make the game completely unplayable. Fewer people would use their ki attacks, and just spam melee forever. That would be worse than the melee stun in Bid For Power (a very unplayable and pointless game).

Best answers
While it would be hard to implement, I think the idea has potential.

1) It makes it easier for transformed chars to get combos (bigger ki pool).
2) If you're on the wrong end of a two on one, you risk leaving yourself very low on ki.

But what happens when they block? Do you still get to combo them?

Best answers
The problems with combos is they have to be hard. If you make them easy then everyone will die in one melee attack cuz they will get bounced around until they die.

Best answers
combos suck, you cant react in between or only by a combobreaker that way to hard to perform
this game aint a fightergame, i think its about speed (speed you have) and reaction(speed), not some speed you gain through a combo

Best answers
A great way to incorperate combos into the game would be to.....

- Before teleporting press ...eg left, left, forward, right then teleport, in which you would teleport 2x to the left, once forward and then once again to the right, avoiding lots of damage, form somthing such as the spirit bomb.

_-Also if there was a punching and kicking feature in meele ... well lets just say I have all the ideas for that, damn the meele sucks in esf, you dont even kick or punch, you just head butt the oponent ahahhahaahahahahahahahahahhahaha

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
... You can just hold left, then press teleport two times, then press forward and teleport once, then press right and teleport once... Current teleporting is fine the way it is.

Offtopic: That's a bad way to teleport. You should teleport twice left for somthing big (spirit bomb, death ball.. no etcetera), and once for somthing small like a beam, then swoop forward while targeted... More effective, and besides, when teleporting somewhere, you're not suppost to teleport back to where you started. You moved torward the explosion.

And no, the melee doesn't suck, it's a hell of a lot better than in other games, and you're wrong: the effect of melee depends on the animations of the models. You could punch, kick, headbutt.. depends on the position of you and the opponent.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey, you know what's a better combo idea? Keeping things the way they are now. Right now it takes a hell of a lot of practicing to get in those deadly tripple and quadruple hit combos, but they are very possible. Just keep practicing. It should be THAT hard to do, and all the more rewarding.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
That's what I said, melee is great the way it is. So much more streamlined than most other games, and especially more than any other dbz mod for a game (mostly in reference to BFP for Q3A).

Best answers
Originally posted by senior_rodregez
- Before teleporting press ...eg left, left, forward, right then teleport, in which you would teleport 2x to the left, once forward and then once again to the right, avoiding lots of damage, form somthing such as the spirit bomb.

_-Also if there was a punching and kicking feature in meele ... well lets just say I have all the ideas for that, damn the meele sucks in esf, you dont even kick or punch, you just head butt the oponent ahahhahaahahahahahahahahahhahaha
So you want to play DMZ or something..... go you...

Comboeing is very hard, try doing the jackhammer nowadays!

Best answers
The kind of combos you are talking about are very possible, but incredibly hard to do without a wall to bounce someone off of, or an unbelieveably sexy ping. Next time you go ssj and hit someone, teleport at them like mad holding right click, you will see what I am talking about.

Best answers
they are hard to do but very possible. I dont like the idea of combo's you posted, it sounds too damn cheap. Combo's are fine the way they are now, but the only prob is only ppl with very good pings can do them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with Sonic. And I add: if you want lame combos (button combos or melee attack animation combos--both kinds) go play DMZ for ten minutes and tell me how much wonderful fun you had.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Ha ha ha ha. I can vouch for that. I learned that the special attacks were performed by 'moves', much like in the old fighting games, so like the moron that I am, I downloaded it... Not only was the gameplay bad, but it was butt ugly.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No DMZ vs. ESF topics...
ever...

And from what I have heard,when the melee system gets upgraded, it will change in future releases, allowing comboes rather than just an instant smack across the map.

so -closed-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom