Collage scholarship

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is mainly for 3D graphic design collages, since my country doesn't have any, and thats the branch where I would like to work on, I was wondering if there are any collages that offer scholarship based on your graphic skills.
Like for example you present them you're portfolio online and they tell you if they can offer you a scholarship.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Aren't you only fourteen? I have no idea if colleges offer that, but you should enjoy life for a bit and not worry about college. My two cents.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm 16, I'm a freshman at my highschool so that means I got 3 more years till collage. And why shouldn't I worry about it? I mean this will pretty much decide the most acurate if I'll have succes in life or not. If I would go to a graphic design collage that would make stuff for me alot easyer.
I tend to plan alot of stuff out, I'm not shure if thats a good thing or a bad thing.

Edit: I'm really worried about it too.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If your only a freshman in highschool, relax a bit. You have a ton of time.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Scholarships are handed out based upon your school performance and involvement with various things regarding your school or community (among other things).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Scholarships are handed out based upon your school performance and involvement with various things regarding your school or community.
Well I am involved with my school events and stuff. My grades are a bit over the avrage.
Since harvard for example offers scolarships to people with great grades in everything but I was wondering if a graphic design collage would offer scholarships just for how good you are at graphics, 3D to be more exact.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats what I said, a portfolio :|

So do you know of any such collages?
A portfolio is nice, but it's not enough. I meant more along the lines of having developed models for a company or developer. Hell, even being a modeler for a modification would look good on your resume.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll tell you right now that achieving anything to do with graphic design, 3d or not, is 95% based on portfolio. This isn't just applying for colleges, it is the same for getting a job in the field too. You can't grade talent or style, all you can do is show it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A portfolio is nice, but it's not enough. I meant more along the lines of having developed models for a company or developer. Hell, even being a modeler for a modification would look good on your resume.
Well yes, the model would be one of a 3D modeler one, showing off previous works.
I'll tell you right now that achieving anything to do with graphic design, 3d or not, is 95% based on portfolio. This isn't just applying for colleges, it is the same for getting a job in the field too. You can't grade talent or style, all you can do is show it.
Thank you for the advice.

Still no one answered to my thread with a name, if not could you tell me where I could look for scolarships for graphic design?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats kinda the oposite of what I'm thinking. I belive that I'm running out of time.
you should listen to your elders. you shouldnt worry about scholarships until you either get a good chance to get one thrown at you out of nowhere or until you get out of highschool. you shouldnt worry about it, as scholarships are alot easier to get than you think.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That easy,eh?
you should listen to your elders. you shouldnt worry about scholarships until you either get a good chance to get one thrown at you out of nowhere or until you get out of highschool. you shouldnt worry about it, as scholarships are alot easier to get than you think.
By elders do you mean parrents? Cuz if so they've been nagging me about collage ever since the 7th grade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom