collab /w smurf/altec

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, brushing is great, render kinda plain,and i dont realy like the texture of it...
bg is nice but could be better...
overall not bad..

Best answers
personally I dont like it... the smoothness of the render and the harsh parts in the brushing contrasts too much. Plus, the render is just like.... white... but I guess thats there for a reasom. I like the light-brushing though. Oh, and I also dont really like that thing under the text... well actually I think the font doesnt fit too.

Guess its just not my cup of tea. (Except the light-brushing :])

Best answers
i like the brushing but thats about it.. the star field duznt luk real, and the render is boring.. the typo is awful i think that ruins alot of the overall peice, but like i sed the brushing is good, few things to work on tho.. work on the perspective and depth but its a gud start..

Best answers
Escobar said:
i like the brushing but thats about it.. the star field duznt luk real, and the render is boring.. the typo is awful i think that ruins alot of the overall peice, but like i sed the brushing is good, few things to work on tho.. work on the perspective and depth but its a gud start..
Ditto.

10 Characters.

Best answers
I really like the brushing, good job with that. The render looks kinda like a spacy flowery thingy too me o_O and you should do something with those pixely borders.

Best answers
The render and the brushing are 2 things apart from eachother. And thats not good for a piece like that. And IMO, the brushing is too bright. Its good, but it needs some work on blending it all into one piece.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I feel bad about taking 1/2 credit for this now, 'cause I did all the stuff you guys are listing as bad..

Best answers
The fonts are the thing bothering me . I don't really thing the left bottom fonts fit in for the rest .

Best answers
Don't title something unless it needs a title and the title is good. I don't know what people are talking about as far as typos, but nothing about this image reminds me of a beetle and thus the title makes no sense in the context of the work. I have no issue, per se, with conflicting styles as long as there's some kind of contextual link between them. In this case I really don't see any topic at all so the look is a little confusing.

From a techincal standpoint I think you guys did alright. There is some good work in both portions of the image, but it's fundamentally important to find a purpose for your work before you start the image. Especially in an abstract piece. Especially in a collaboration.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yah, well it's pretty much both of our first abstract peices. Thanks for the comments and we will take them into concideration. We might even update it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
EWW I absolutely despise the brushing for some reason.. Could be loads better..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom