COD4 help

Best answers
Hey guys, i just bought COD4 on PC and it crashes on start-up. Any suggestions?

Best answers
yea it says something like " couldnt load image snow_sheet" and im pretty sure my drivers are up to date, however im not sure how to update them anyway.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When the error pops up, hit the "Prt Scr" button on your keyboard. Open up Paint, go to "Edit" and click on "Paste" and save it as a ".jpg". Then upload it to a site like Imageshack.

As for the latest driver for your card - http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=xp/radeonx-xp

Just select either option, download and install the file.

Edit

The first link is for Windows XP and this one is for Windows Vista - http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=vista32/common-vista32

Just download the one that corresponds with your operating system.

Best answers
just downloaded an installed the lastest patch and im still gettin the same error

Best answers
already downloaded, installed, restarted and tried the game when you gave me that link the first time

Best answers
Yep ive installed it 3 times on my computer. Works fine on my friends laptop.

Best answers
it crashes about 2 secs after i double click the shortcut. it starts the whole intro thing and then crashes, doesnt even make it to the main menu

Best answers
all my stuff is undefined so it cant tell me. however i downloaded a program called SpeedFan and it looks like like my computer might a bit hot, could that have something to do with it?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
yeah it may crash if your pc is overheated try turning off the pc for a while so it will cool down

Best answers
well City of Villains and Battlefield 2142 work fine, seems odd that just COD4 wouldnt work.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try this - Go into your Call of Duty 4 directory and look for a folder named, "miles". Look for a file named "mssmp3.asi". Rename the file "mssmp3.bak".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom