classic 1.1 mode??

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well , after all the time i have been on these forums , i have read people sayying "oh , but i prefer 1.1" , to stop people sayying that , u reckon we could have a 1.1 mode or something (give it the name "classic mode" or something)

critz , comments ??

Best answers
It is still a good way to make those people who loves 1.1 happy. But anyway, when 1.3 is out, no one will bother with 1.1.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, that's what they said about 1.2.

It's a good idea though. Kind of a safeguard. I also think there should be an option to have the 1.3 transes in 1.1 mode.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's pretty much no-no territory for Joe the last time I checked. He doesn't like to go back to code he considers old or broken (he wasn't a huge fan of the old melee) so it's his call. If you can somehow convince him to re-code it back into the game and plug in a cvar you'll have one. I wouldn't mind going back to the way it used to be done myself either.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
same here, just for variety's sake

Best answers
Well cmon, 1.3 probably owns 1.1. Who wants to play such an old version instead of the new one? The adv melee in 1.3 has been tweaked already.

Best answers
Ugh, narrow minded people on these boards... *points at DracoHeart*

This could be me, but why is it always "Joe decides this and Joe decides that" it's clear people want that in, why can't he just do it? Don't tell me he got lazy? If he is, then I don't see a very bright future for esf as it's being run by unmotivated people who are already working on something else :/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DracoHeart said:
Well cmon, 1.3 probably owns 1.1. Who wants to play such an old version instead of the new one? The adv melee in 1.3 has been tweaked already.
Well, I guess that if 1.1 mode were implemented, it would have some of the new features such as walljumping and double-tap.
Carnage said:
This could be me, but why is it always "Joe decides this and Joe decides that" it's clear people want that in, why can't he just do it? Don't tell me he got lazy? If he is, then I don't see a very bright future for esf as it's being run by unmotivated people who are already working on something else :/
If they already work on something else they are motivated, aren't they?
Maybe they could release it as a plugin, so you don't have to download&install it if you don't like it.

Best answers
I once played 1.1, and its the same as 1.2 but then only the right click atack..

It would be nice if you could have an option, and besides, it would keep all the fans happy...

But its the creators call.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DracoHeart said:
Well cmon, 1.3 probably owns 1.1. Who wants to play such an old version instead of the new one?
That's what they said about 1.2..again...there's no way of telling if 1.3 is going to be better than 1.1. I hope it is, I know they've put a lot of work into it, but there's still a chance that what happened to 1.2 could reccur.

Wheelchair said:
I once played 1.1, and its the same as 1.2 but then only the right click atack..
There are people on this board who would eat you alive for that comment :p They're not the same, but one isn't better than the other, it's down to preference.

Best answers
Ravendust said:
That's what they said about 1.2..again...there's no way of telling if 1.3 is going to be better than 1.1. I hope it is, I know they've put a lot of work into it, but there's still a chance that what happened to 1.2 could reccur.

There are people on this board who would eat you alive for that comment :p They're not the same, but one isn't better than the other, it's down to preference.
lmao,

People take it way to seriously then, if they like 1,1 so much why not install it? or isn't that for steam?

Best answers
Ravendust said:
What could go wrong? New animations, transformations, aura, characters. Like they say, I hope we can view some clips on 1.3 soon. Frankly speaking, I think the ESF team should release some news on what they are doing more frequently. :p I am getting impatient. *points to mechmod* This is probably why ESF 1.3 takes so long. :fight:

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i'm no admin or mod , but buy all means wheelchair , you shouldn't really "flame" people , that flame was uncalled for & they never did anything to you , so why flame them for no reason , so someone or lots of people like 1.1 alot , it really is more fast paced , i don't see why you would flame em

i simply like 1.1 , it made me feel sorta god like owning bots and people at lans & net cafes , when you can find people just as good as you , it's a really fun battle , as soon as i get cable , i mite consider holding a 1.1 comp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SO said:
i'm no admin or mod , but buy all means wheelchair , you shouldn't really "flame" people , that flame was uncalled for & they never did anything to you , so why flame them for no reason , so someone or lots of people like 1.1 alot , it really is more fast paced , i don't see why you would flame em
How...who...when did he flame anybody?

DracoHeart - You're probably right, I can't forsee anyone who's happy with 1.2 being discontent with 1.3. But 1.1 fans will still complain about speed, combo hits and balance, always and forever, that's why 'Classic Mode' really should be implemented in 1.3 or the final release as a means of keeping everyone happy.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SAIYAN_OVERLORD said:
1.) Leave the judgement calls on flaming to the mods and admins.
2.) There was nothing of a flame in what he said.
3.) That comment was completely off-topic.

Do be more careful in the future.

EDIT - Oh, and, as pointed out by Ravendust, http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=53278

A thread with this suggestion is already up...no need for two, I guess. Please continue any discussion of this suggestion in that thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom