City themed map.

Best answers
Hello!

I used to map a long time ago and made some low quality maps. After a while I decided to quit, and now I'm trying to start it again. Here my first map after map-break. Unfortunately, I didnt succeed in making it. It lags, and I dont know how to fix it. There is a lot of things I need to learn.

Anyways, here it is:
Screens:
>1<>2<>3<
DL link: HERE

C&C are welcome

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the map looks nice. I realy like it :p

The lag you mentioned is caused by rspeeds. You have an average of 3000 wpolys in there. Sould be round 1800

I think thats fixable ^^get me on MSN maby i can help you.

All in all the map is sweet :p

Best answers
It looks good ,and it does not lag. The map is great , very good job.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
not too bad I'd say
r_speeds are a bit high but that could possibly be fixed.

Best answers
I spend some sleepless night trying to decrease wpoly count. This map was most depressing in my life...

I'm glad that it is possible ti fix it.

My MSN - [email protected]

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice map and wellcome to the forums

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's pretty clear from looking at the pics why you have such high r_speeds. It's not bad mapping or wasted faces, just over-ambition. You simply can't have all those buildings with rounded edges in one map, especially if it's open-air. Not on this engine.

Either lose the rounded edges (sacrificing smoothness for speeds) or delete some buildings and space out the remaining ones a bit more. Two examples of this are 1.2's esf_city (lots of big square, blocky buildings) and 1.3's esf_city (buildings are round and smooth, but more spaced out, allowing better combat between them too).

Also you could make the streets into flat brushes (rather than having seperate roads and pavements) and texture on the roads where necessary.

Best answers
It looks really cool, but the only thing that bothers me is the textures. But that is up to each person how they like the textures to look best.

I think you should remove some of the buildings, because it would make less lag and it would be a little easier to make some battles between the buildings.

Keep it up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That looks like a pretty darn nice map, you know how to vertex manipulate stuff, but like said above, remove some buildings and then just scale some others a bit more up(make them thicker). other than that it looks great, why would you say you make low quality maps? that map isn't bad at all.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
donnierisk said:
That looks like a pretty darn nice map, you know how to vertex manipulate stuff, but like said above, remove some buildings and then just scale some others a bit more up(make them thicker). other than that it looks great, why would you say you make low quality maps? that map isn't bad at all.
No dont remove the buildings.

There is probably a better way to fix it ^^

Best answers
I agree with Theoboy the textures make it look like something a baby would build with blocks. But i would play in it no matter what if the textures didn't look so babyish, But i like it. 8/10 only cause it probably lags and the textures.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Looks awesome indeed. Reminds me of the new City map of Earth's Special Forces v1.3. Mind that i upload this map to HL2Files? ^_^.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom