Christopher Reeve

Best answers
He wasnt so special man. He didnt care at all about anything until that crap happened to him. He got hurt and people made a hero out of him. What the hell? Of course hes going to donate millions of dollars into the research, for himself. I dont see him as anyone special, except the fact that he was that superman actor.

But I didnt like those movies, either.

But that doesnt change the fact the dude died, so respect to him, rest in peace man.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Someone's been reading Maddox' site. :rolleyes: ;)

Again, I had no respect for him at all, but nobody deserves to die.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
IsrAlien said:
He wasnt so special man. He didnt care at all about anything until that crap happened to him. He got hurt and people made a hero out of him. What the hell? Of course hes going to donate millions of dollars into the research, for himself. I dont see him as anyone special, except the fact that he was that superman actor.

But I didnt like those movies, either.

But that doesnt change the fact the dude died, so respect to him, rest in peace man.
he was special to his family, just remember how special you are to your family and friends... this thread is a tribute to Christopher Reeves, not "what bad points can you find about Christopher Reeves"

so just stop with the bad comments, overal i bet he was a nice guy, after his accident, maybe he realised there wasnt alot of things he could do apart from try and help other people,,, many people thought of him as a hero behind the scenes because of his recovery, shame he couldnt hold on until he could walk again, i will always respect Christopher Reeves,,, R.I.P

Best answers
he was special to his family, just remember how special you are to your family and friends... this thread is a tribute to Christopher Reeves, not "what bad points can you find about Christopher Reeves"

so just stop with the bad comments, overal i bet he was a nice guy, after his accident, maybe he realised there wasnt alot of things he could do apart from try and help other people,,, many people thought of him as a hero behind the scenes because of his recovery, shame he couldnt hold on until he could walk again, i will always respect Christopher Reeves,,, R.I.P
The thread dosn't say anything about being a tribute to anyone. I personally don't believe that he deserves a tribute. He was an actor, and he got injured. Life goes on. I don't feel sorry for people that get injured in the way he did. I agree completely with Maddox on this issue.

No one said that people were being forced into leaving good comments for him either. If you want to pay your respects, fine, if you have another comment about Reeve, then this is also the place to do that, since the thread name dosn't specify what its for.

If you "will always respect" him, why don't you spell his name right? Its Reeve, not Reeves. Show some respect yourself.

The only reason I give my respect here and now is because he has passed away.

RIP

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i do respect Chris Soulstriker, i forgot to add the ' when righting Reeves (Reeve's)

i feel sorry for him spending the last of his life being paralyzed,,, anyway, i am stopping this arguing, it isnt called for and i dont want to be arguing about something that isnt going to get us anywhere,,, i respect him for not giving up hope on his self and continued on in his life

isnt it quite obvious if someone makes a thread about someone that has recently passed away and is showing respect, that the thread should be a respect thread, is common sense, if someone shows there respect, they dont want to ehar all about teh bad things that the person producted or attacked during his life time...

i am not going to lower my self any more by arguing, i have said what i have to say, anyone else that wants to take this further, PM me and i will happily reply with your response

Best answers

He was the man of steel, superman. He was a very good actor and I loved his Superman movies when I was young and up to his guest starring in Smallville. It was very sad what happened to him, its sad to see that happen to anyone. It is very sad to see him leave us.

Best answers
Big Ass bad guy called Doomsday came to Earth and started wreaking havok. Supes stepped up to the plate and died in the battle.

Not before kicking it's spiky ass though. :p

R.I.P. Supes.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If he wasn't a hero at least he was a human being, and when human beings die, we pay our respects. We don't start disrespecting people because they had money that prolonged their lives. If he had died during his initial fall off of his horse people would still be paying him homage saying things like "He was our superman," but because he survived and spent money trying to help himself all of a sudden people have to scream "HE WAS SELFISH OMG." If you don't believe he deserves some super tribute just treat him like a regular human being. If other people want to see him as generous and charitous there's nothing wrong with that, it just inspires the people who think of him that way to be generous themselves, regardless of whether or not Christopher Reeve was a saint.

Best answers
well if u play CoH there was a overload of ppl theere were over 800+ ppl in atlas park just saluting all day in honor of him

Best answers
Bottom line is such: if you have millions of dollars, and you suddenly got a terminal illness, wouldn't you use your money to cure not only yourself, but maybe, just maybe, the slight possibility of no one else having to suffer as much as you did?

He might not have cared about Stem Cell research before he fell off a horse, but the bottom line is that he did good with his money. He will always be known as an important advocate for stem cell research. And a hero to many as well.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
guncon123 said:
well if u play CoH there was a overload of ppl theere were over 800+ ppl in atlas park just saluting all day in honor of him
yeah, my account has expired for now, but i saw this round my friends house,,, even the next day they were still saluting him!

Best answers
I have mixed feelings on one hand no one diserves to live in the condition that he lived a signifacent part of his life in, and it would have been great to see him walk again before the Four Horsemen came to take him home. However, on the flip side, he was just a man no better or worse than any of us on the forum, or anywhere on earth. I often feel that it is disrespectfull to those of us who never lived in the limelight to see all of these people commemorating his death. He was only human, and now he is in a better place. When my cousin died was his name all over the news and in internet forums and articles at satirical comedy websites? No. Does that make my cousin any less of a man than Mr. Reeve was? No.

If you want to hope for something hope that one day all men will be treated equally, just as they were created. With no thought ever put into their wealth or social status.

The Most Humble,
Taurus 2112

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its sad he died, he really wanted to walk again, and no, he wasn't someone really special, just a man, but he was well-known, and he died, and its a shame. :(

Oh well, hes in a better place now.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nova-San said:
link removed

This article says it all. Not a hero.

Warning to Nova San. That is COMPLETELY uncalled for. Also posting links to offencive matterial is against the rules.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nova-San said:
link removed

This article says it all. Not a hero.
Stop demonizing him just for the fact that he had money. I say you are demonizing him because you only posted to make one point, and that was a negative one. Try to see that he was also a normal person who is dead, and see that in our society he was a symbol because of the role he played as Superman, not just the money he spent.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bolteh said:
on/off-topic

how did superman die in that comic? :/
He died of fighting a monster..

Rest In Peace Again.... Reeves....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom