Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

[video=youtube;NLWsK1ZFunA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLWsK1ZFunA[/video]​

Synopsis: Two years after the events of The Avengers,[1] Steve Rogers resides peacefully in Washington, D.C., struggling to adapt to contemporary society. However, after a S.H.I.E.L.D. compatriot is assailed, Steve becomes entangled in a mystery that may endanger the globe. Together with Natasha Romanoff, Captain America attempts to uncover the growing machination while fending off hired hit men. When the entire scheme is discovered, Captain America and the Black Widow must recruit the aid of the Falcon and soon encounter an unanticipated and powerful adversary — the Winter Soldier.[2]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, so a new Cap movie is coming out. A lot of people didn't like the first one. I thought it was alright, and set up the character nicely. Though he got the most screen time in Avengers, he also felt kind of useless, and it didn't really feel like the Cap I know and love. He was a random dude wearing a flag who didn't really seem like he knew his way around a battlefield, until one of the last scenes where he dishes out areas of responsibility based on each characters' strengths. Based on the trailer, this film has the perfect tone for what a Cap movie should be. He isn't a government stooge. He's the embodiment of American values and ethics, the physical manifestation of what Americans hoped and strived to become....before falling short and settling for so much less. Cap sees this, and he realizes this isn't the America he knew; it isn't the America he loved and fought for. And so this is a story of a man torn between nationalism and patriotism. Does opposing the government make him less of a patriot...or more? And does this opposition make him a threat to the state?

As an aside,the term "Winter Soldier" is a play on words of Thomas Paine in 1776 when he spoke of the Sunshine Patriot and summertime soldiers who deserted at Valley Forge because the going was rough. While the term is specifically used as a name for the "antagonist" in the film, it also accurately described Cap, who has gone above and beyond the call of duty, choosing to serve even in the darkest of days. You can find the text in its entirety here: http://www.ushistory.org/paine/crisis/c-01.htm

Anyway, I'm super excited about this one. I don't really give 2 shits about Thor, but that looks better than its really bad predecessor, too.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I loved the Captain America movie. I felt it did a lot of justice to the series.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I didn't like it however I was never that familiar with Cap to begin with, however seeing the trailer for this second movie I am actually a lot more excited then Thor 2. This movie seems to go a bit deeper when the old meets the new! Me likey!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't like the first Cap movie, but this one looks promising. Still upset Chris Evans didn't get bigger for this role too. He just seems way too small for the role.

Look at that difference.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, he looks terrible.

:rolleyes:

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Is someone that buff and tall and american and able to act, possible to find? Probobly not, but if so very hard. Being that buff like in the image you would move around like closet. lol The only one i can think of close to that is Dwayne Johnson, but not even him has the arms, specially forearms like in the image.

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cap is 6' 2" and 240 lbs. Good luck getting to that weight in time for a role, and have fun eating 8000 calories a day to maintain it. Possible? Sure. Ridiculous? Absolutely, considering Chris Evans is 6' even and was maybe 190 for The First Avenger. You'd have to find a linebacker to play the character.

@Dark: Check out the NFL. They're pretty much in line with Cap.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All I'm saying is, Chris Evans shoulda worked out with Hugh Jackman.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All I'm saying is, Chris Evans shoulda worked out with Hugh Jackman.
Who is 6' 2", doesn't share the same physique, and is far leaner than Cap is.

I feel like people don't know anything about working out here, which is surprising considering this is a DBZ forum.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Who is 6' 2", doesn't share the same physique, and is far leaner than Cap is.

I feel like people don't know anything about working out here, which is surprising considering this is a DBZ forum.
Hugh Jackman had a personal trainer who told him exactly what he needed to do to bulk up for his movies. Chris Evans could have done the same thing. He wouldn't be anything like the picture above, but he'd be 'bigger.' Considering the costume that Chris Evans wears though, I don't think it really matters, since you're not going to see much to begin with.

Also, it isn't hard to become more lean, simply eating healthy, cardio, and strength training and he could easily cut up.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hugh Jackman had a personal trainer who told him exactly what he needed to do to bulk up for his movies. Chris Evans could have done the same thing. He wouldn't be anything like the picture above, but he'd be 'bigger.' Considering the costume that Chris Evans wears though, I don't think it really matters, since you're not going to see much to begin with.

Also, it isn't hard to become more lean, simply eating healthy, cardio, and strength training and he could easily cut up.
Right, because Jackman hasn't been bulking up over the course of a decade due to his role as Wolverine. Muscle mass doesn't come easy, and it doesn't come fast. Considering the time Evans had, and considering his normal physique, he's completely fine.

Building lean muscle isn't easy, and requires a fairly specific regiment and routine. That said, I stated Jackman is leaner than Cap. Meaning where Jackman is lean, Cap is bulky. At his bulkiest, Jackman doesn't approach Cap's levels.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
New trailer:

[video=youtube;7SlILk2WMTI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SlILk2WMTI[/video]

Best answers
hi all .. this is my inception to the board and looking forward to it .. would like to be into the sharing and discussion keep on run here .. am i invited ?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This looks ******* great. Probably going to be loads better than the old movie. I wasn't the BIGGEST fan of it, I usually am not of the 'set up' movies.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only issue I had with the first one was they turned his Hydra-fighting escapades into a montage.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
there's just no saving that awful costume. it's hard not to laugh at it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's the Director of SHIELD costume with a helmet:

I actually like it. The Avengers one was bad by any metric, but the WW2 and Director costumes are pretty legit.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom