Cant play anything=client.dll

Best answers
I cant play efs, it keeps saying that it could not load library esf/cl_dlls/client.dll I realy wanna play this game, it looks good ;D

Best answers
download this file and put it in you're half-life directory in the steam directory.

Best answers
If its a virus i will track you down.. and i will cut you..

Best answers
in future please edit you're posts instead of triple posting.
it not a virus.
put it in to you're if you have *: \*where you installedsteam*\steam\steamApps\*you're account*\half-life

if you are using won put it in to you're Half-life directory.

Best answers
Oh ok, well im using steam, but can u also use it for counter strike?

Best answers
if it's the retail version of CS then yes (since CS retail comes with Half-life), if it CS:CZ and CSS then no

Best answers
err how u open it in counter strike mode? Instead of Half life

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jessivea, please take a look at this FAQ.

Should you have anymore questions after reading the FAQ, please post here again (once will suffice).

Best answers
What are the Computer requirements exactly? and that faq didnt answer any of my questions, its mostly about in game crap but i cant even get into the actual game, just says the client.dll crap again..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not sure of the specifics, but if you can run Half-Life (or Counter-Strike), you should be good to go for ESF.

That FAQ, if you actually read through it, should have answered your question.

Try running Half-Life once before you play, as stated in the FAQ.

Best answers
Umm i open the opener for the esf and it opens half life
and steam doesnt show the esf game as a filter, and i played it for like a year b4 i found this thing

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What I would recommend you do is:

Uninstall ESF.
Run Half-Life.
Install the latest version of ESF (1.2.3)
Run Half-Life again.
Start up ESF and enjoy.

That should cover both problems you've brought up in this thread.

Best answers
o yea can u use counterstrike esf without buying cs, i have the free version from the steam games u can download; and are u supposed 2 open halflife b4 u run esf

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, what you need to do is listen to people's answers. I'm going to give you a quick run down of what you need to do.

Since you're using steam, here's what to do.

Delete your ESF folder entirely. It should be found in C:\program files\valve\steam\SteamApps\youraccount@email\half-life\

So delete the folder called ESF. Then run half-life. Just execute from the steam menu, and then exit once it loads. Then reinstall ESF 1.2 (Main installer) and 1.2.1 (Patch), 1.2.2 (Patch), and 1.2.3 (patch). So that's 1 main installer (the big file) and 3 smaller patches. Once you've done this, everything SHOULD work fine. If not, then put the fmod.dll file in the ESF directory from the link above and Please, read the FAQ that was posted.

Do all of this BEFORE you ask ANY other question, understand? No more questions until you've done what I've told you to do.

*edit* here's 2 links for a full installer. Shouldn't need the patches with this.

http://esf-world.com/main.php?content=fileinfo&file_id=25320 and http://halflife2.filefront.com/file/Earth_Special_Forces_V123_Full_Installer;38840

-Karrde-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom