cant find halflife.wad

Best answers
can someone please help iv searched all of my computer using ctrl+c and i cant find my halflife.wad.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If I remember correctly, that package comes with the old Half-Life install (e.g. install from your original Half-Life disk, and it'll be under C:\Sierra\Half-Life\ and in pak0.pak I think).

It's probably stored somewhere in the Steam .gcf files, and there's tools to explore them just like .pak files. However, I wouldn't even recommend you use halflife.wad, especially not for ESF mapping. They're mostly small resolution, indoor lab environment textures.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Half-Life comes with a .wad file called halflife.wad which you can find in the directory of where you installed Half-Life.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thechosenone92 said:
i need it for the sky. may place i can download sky .WAD or .PAK?
The sky texture is included in esf.wad too, which you can find in the esf folder.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you sure raven? I've never seen it when exploring my esf.wad? Oh well, that's fine, but sometimes I use my hl.wad, because there are some interesting textres in there for walls, etc. And plus I can't make tetures myself, takes a whole day just to make a crack in a wall or smoething, lol.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh whoops, my bad, I had the sky texture and null texture as part of zhlt.wad, which is the only other .wad I use currently.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, kk, lol, I was wondering, but thechosenone92, are you planning on making a map or something?

off-topic:Oh and raven, I never knew you mapped, have you had a public release before?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The NULL texture in in ESF.wad >.>

The sky texture can is in MY esf.wad also ^^

Note i said MY cause i had to put it in there. DJ said that the sky testure aint important enough to be put in there >.>

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well whats the probelm?

@Donnierisk Dont need to. Just make a blue colored texture (or aney other color you like) and name it sky ^^

Thats all to it.

Best answers
i have it in my esf/maps folder and i select it on the map's list but it just doesn't start just goes back to the main screen

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Click on settings. On the screen that shows up click advanced.

Now find 24-bit textures. That has to be disabled. Than it should work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom