Can anyone recommend...

Best answers
Could anyone recommend me to a good video card? I need one that's cheap...yet worthwile...

i'm tired of my POS Rage 128 VR 8mb virtual memory :\

Could anyone suggest a better one that's cheaper? I've looked around, but all the ones that caught my eyes were 500+ :cry:

Anyone?

Best answers
I need specs before I can give you an answer.

However, ATI is most likely your best option. If your CPU < 1ghz, get a TNT 2 or something like that

if your CPU > 1gh + RAM >256 MBs RAM (not 256, greater than.), I suggest the ATI Radeon 8500/7500 - the 64 MB ones. They aren't top of the line, but you'll get your pennies worth.

Not to mention the 8500/7500 are plenty powerful to play todays games, so it should last you.

Just my 2 cents

*edit*

Also - buy online, only way to get your monies worth. I suggest www.newegg.com <-- good experience with them everytime I've bought, thats over 10 purchases online. But be sure and buy _RETAILT_ and _NOT_ OEM.

OEM doesn't give you warranty. My ti4600 was OEM and the fann fell off and it fried, thats 350 bucks down the drain after about 7 months of use. :cry:

Best answers
lol....I have a horrible computer.

Here's me specs:

Pentium3-450mhz processor (that's right...mhz :\ )
Ram-384
HD- 6.32GB

:\ i have a nice connection, but everytime i play certain games, my video card poops out and i can't play it effectivly.

Best answers
TNT2 wil do good with that PC... All new PC wil do better :D but the TNT2 is good... I once had one and i could play ESF good and not even laggy.

Best answers
GeForce mx440 would be just fine for your system specs

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Processor Choke makes that a waste of money.

Use your AGP port, get a TNT2 and make sure your Mobo supports AGP 2x

Best answers
i used to use a matrox g400 dualhead with a 450 mhz pentium2 and it would run any mod well, if your computer supports it go for an ati 9000 pro, its below 500 bucks

Best answers
Originally posted by T.G._Cid
GeForce mx440 would be just fine for your system specs
Don't get an MX. they may be cheap but you could get a GeForce 3 for 30 bucks more and they are better than MX's. Plus they last longer. You could find a used GeForce 3 in good condition on ebay. That's where I have gotten all my vid cards. and they work great

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom