Call of Duty - Space Ops

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=274739

Newly-formed Activision studio Sledgehammer is working on a futuristic Call of Duty instalment set in SPACE, according to a fresh report.

Gamasutra sources claim Sledgehammer, run by Visceral game exiles Glen Schofield and Michael Condrey, are working on a CoD instalment "set in the future" and featuring "space Marines".
:laff:

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe there's also a Modern Warfare 3 in the works, too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Call of Duty is turning into a sports game. Get a new one every year. Minor improvement, update to the "roster", BAM - instant money. Wish they'd innovate again.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It kind of kills going past 1 prestige... which has always been retarded to me, anyways.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah it goes to 15 this time around, right?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
It sounds cool actually, it invites an opportunity for a fresh plot instead of those WW2 games (yes I know MW is different).

Just don't start with the aliens...

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So, good space marines vs evil space marines?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know about you guys, but a Call of Duty game that revolves around the future and space sounds pretty cool actually.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, here's to hoping that Modern Warfare 3 has satellite laser beams of doom as a killstreak.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Where has Call of duty gone?
I mean they did a complete 180... how'd they go from WWII to modern era , then made 2 "John Woo" sequels and now it's off to space?
I wish they'd return to their roots... I always loved the original CoD with the nice health bar, WWII setting and at that time to me it had a pretty realistic feel(despite the health bar i mentioned earlier)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube;CqsU5nWLguU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqsU5nWLguU[/video]

If it is like this I will love it.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hear Shattered Horizon was actually terribly bad, from almost everyone who bought it. It was kinda novel at first they said, but quickly became a chore. Also, is that lead bullets being shot in space? And sound? There is no sound in space.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do all games have to be realistic? Seriously? I mean yea Chocobo riding is a real skill in life and I love waiting my turn to hit something and all.

But seriously.... Why do all games have to be compared to real life? Its a game. Its someone's imagination put into a playing device. I mean if they are going towards realism then yes compare but not games like Halo and Shattered Horizon.

Shattered Horizon was badass.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh, looks pretty good, I dunno, my friends said almost no one plays it these days, so it just makes it worse. No demo kinda sucks, too.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It seems that Shattered Horizon got a lot of positive ratings... it's just that the concept the game presents is very raw at this point.

So, if anything... the game was definitely the first step into another direction. With space related games like Starcraft 2 and what Call of Duty has foreshadowed, this game could resurface on suggestion forums for more popular franchises.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Since Halo is out of the picture for good, Call of Duty will have Space all to itself.

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
Shattered Horizon was free a couple of days on Steam I enjoyed it.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm so sick of CoD. Yes, all they really are concerned about is that it'll be a profit engine, but still. They need to stop making games that'll be popular for like a month and then drop off very hard.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I think they should create a space WW2 campaign instead, I'd just love killing me some space Natzis.

That would be fresh.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think they should create a space WW2 campaign instead, I'd just love killing me some space Natzis.

That would be fresh.
It kinda would be, it'd probably be amazing, too.

Can you imagine 88's in space? Tanks? Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom