Breakdown

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anyone ever played this sweet sweet example of xbox gaming goodness from namco before?

For thoes who havent breakdown (or project breakdown) is a first person fighting/shooter/sci-fi horror game about a guy named Derrek Cole who with out giving the plot away must uncover his past inorder to save the world from somewhat of an alien invasion from seemingly invincible guys called the T'lan

i picked this sucker up a week ago but only got into it a few days ago and my god does it rox0r it starts off alittle slow and confusing but once it gets going ur jumping off buildings, taking on entire battalions of armed soldiers with nothing but ur bare hands, and doing battle with aformentioned t'lan bad guys

but the coolest thing is by far the story and how its done i mean it says first person but when they say first person they mean first person. not a moment in the game ever takes place out side of derreks perspective which makes for an interesting show of cutscenes and dramatic moments. though it makes it even better when the story is quite an amazing piece of work compared to most cliched stories out there its full of tense moments and down right creapy sequences

by far this is one of the best xbox games ive ever played :yes:

Retired
Best answers
I heard the story is quite short and being dragged on.. but I definitly want to check it out sometime, looked very promising when I first saw the trailers 6 months ago or something. I still might get it. if I can spare the money ;)

Best answers
Geez how did I know this was gunna come.

The game seems just strange to me, but I plan on renting it to see why Hib is drooling everytime he plays it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I played the demo from xbox magazine I think.....it's pretty cool but you'd better understand how the fighting works because I got my ass handed to me the first couple of times. o_o

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i loved the game, though i had to drag the sensitivity WAY WAY down from its initial setting,

i especially liked the cutscenes with the girl, (i forget the name) cuz she does all these matrix style moves and the ending where you jump out the copter, the way they portray first person in the game makes it feel quite a bit different than other games, you actually get a sense of you actually being there,

the controls were a bit hard to get used to though, if i had any complaints,

the graphics were among the best of any xbox game to date, the sound was also among the best, it had a good storyline but the fact that 80% of the game is a flashback is kinda wierd twist, but they do a good job of explaining it, plus all the freaky scenes where his vision messes up and it gets all trippy is pretty neat too, kinda like the max payne 2 dream sequences but better, the gameplay was unlike any FPS so far, you literally have a handful of guns, but you only use those on other enmies using guns, as bullets wont penetrate the tlan shilds and you must fight hand to hand, (well a rocket can but not on the first shot)

the ending jeep sequence was pretty fun too,

i may hafta start a new game ,.. damn you, now ill never get to finish my model >_<

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
X said:
I played the demo from xbox magazine I think.....it's pretty cool but you'd better understand how the fighting works because I got my ass handed to me the first couple of times. o_o
i dont think a demo would do the game any good it only picks up once the t'langen starts flowing and ur doing all kinds of crazy stuff along side the plot

it starts off abit slow and disorienting but once u get into the pace of everything it becomes clear how good the game is

i highly recamend picking this sucker up and what its like 20$?

for a game this good hell yeah u should pitch out 20$

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah i've played Breakdown, I dont own an Xbox my I have a friend who bought it the day I went to his house, I played it up to the point where

You battle a Helicopter or in the part where you gotta turn a bunch of Valves whichever comes later in the game I forgot.

Its a nice looking game :p I probably went further than that but my memories a bit fuzzy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom