Break In Combat

Best answers
Y'know, after a few days of 1.2 melee, I can honestly say there is really only one major thing annoying me about it. I think that it makes the melee look and feel slower, and that it could be easily fixed.

While prepunching, you enter the combo 'mode', and your opponent is stunned. You're both floating there, and the combat has stopped and is waiting for you to enter your combo.

I know, it's minscule, but I think it really breaks up the feel of the fighting.

What I suggest you do is, that while waiting for your combo, you continue prepunching, so the fighting keeps going, yet none of the punches have any of an effect. They don't up your PL, and they don't take away from their health. It's just a visual thing to continue the fighting.

Combos continue as they are now, you enter them in, everything runs the same. There just isn't that pause in there.

I dunno, do you guys feel the same way about this?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they can better do it like this:
when prepunsh is over and the direction's has to be selected, you get a attack to attack battle(like gohan ssj2 vs perfect cell).
and when your finised, the fight beguns

*edit*
or a more real life fight so you don't have to enter the cominations but in fight you alreddy select it.
so after prepunsh you just select the direction while fighting, on that way you get more the dbz fighting fealing :idea: .

Best answers
Ah, but if you did that, then they wouldn't be able to block your attack. In fact, what your suggesting revamps the entire melee system altogether. I don't like it.

Best answers
They wanted to do something like this I read but they didn't have time to get it in....

Best answers
I read somewhere that they didn't have time to include it or somesuch, but just to be sure I voted "yes". :)

Best answers
Hey, if it gets my idea a vote, whatever. :p

Where did you read that exactly? I hadn't heard of anything like it...

Best answers
i agree... all it would be is spanning out the animations. Nothing more. That would make the melee look alittle faster than it is.

Best answers
yeah I aggree with what scruffie is saying, to add to that maybe if you are blocking you'll see your character dodging the fury of punches/kicks untill the attack commands are in.

Best answers
That time should be replaced by an animation of the guys getting in a position (kung fu ready to fight thing) and that should leave time to get ready and not boring

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
could be done like first prepunch -> (enter combo mode) the models are exchanging punches whitout aney affect -> (combo finished) your char takes the lead and shoots out your combo -> the same thing for the counter attack
would mahe it look real

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Scruffie said:
Ah, but if you did that, then they wouldn't be able to block your attack. In fact, what your suggesting revamps the entire melee system altogether. I don't like it.
i think you don't look further then your ego.
when fighting attack vs attack, there is no damage.
only the prepunsh and combinations that you just entert gives damage.
(if the pic. doesn't work copy the site direction to the adres balk)

Best answers
I think that during the break both charecter should start punching each other really fast at the same time, u know like in the show, then when the combo starts it carrys on as normal. this could happen agin if there are any more small break in teh combat.

Best answers
niobe said:
i think you don't look further then your ego.
when fighting attack vs attack, there is no damage.
only the prepunsh and combinations that you just entert gives damage.
(if the pic. doesn't work copy the site direction to the adres balk)
Wtf? Ego? The hell, I just said what I thought was wrong with your idea, and that I didn't like it. Sheesh.

To be honest, I didn't even understand what the hell you were saying in the first place. I didn't say that, because I didn't want to sound like a jerk, but now... God, some people just elude me they do...

Yeah, I like that. Both people trading blows at each other, then the combo starts.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dunno if anyone mentioned this, but Joe posted cvars a month or so before the release for the speed and times of ALL ASPECTS of the advanced melee...so it's all editable speedwise anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom