Blade & Soul

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NCsoft has announced their next new big MMORPG, called Blade & Soul. Check out information about this new upcoming martial arts MMO below. There's also a trailer to be seen!

Blade&Soul’ is an Oriental Martial Arts MMORPG that breaks the traditional confined and monotonous game plays, providing the gamers a completely new experience. It is expected to open a new dimension of MMORPG through ‘game environment alteration,’ ‘expansion of tasks that a character can carry out within the game.

The Oriental world portrayed by its unique graphics, diverse stories embedded in Oriental fantasy tales, and maximized action that has never been witnessed in online games until now will lead gamers to a completely new experience.

* Publisher: NCsoft
* Developer: NCsoft
* Genre: Oriental Martial Arts MMORPG
* Release date: N/A

Main Characteristics

* Oriental Martial Arts Action: It is full of symbolic and well known Oriental martial art elements such as ‘Energy Ball’, ‘Inner Energy’, ‘Swift jump,’ etc. The important themes of Oriental martial art fantasies such as justice and chivalry are richly spread throughout the game by means of martial art.

* Oriental-features: Breaking away from the traditional medieval fantasy world, it takes an Oriental mysticism as the background environment. The basic world-view is based on the Korean myth ‘Song of Genesis,’ and the factions within the game are also modeled after Korean mythological characters

* Constantly Changing Environment: Within ‘Blade&Soul,’ many conditions change according to the play of the gamer, on the other hand, the environment creates diverse situations for the gamers. This system will provide the gamers with a new experience that has not been witnessed until now.

* Powerful Action: The main motto of battles within ‘Blade&Soul’ is ‘super powerful action’ that can distinguish itself from existing games. Players can knock back opponents and use diverse fancy skills according to the condition the gamers are posed in. The game aspires to provide battles that are enjoyable even by just watching them. Everyone can enjoy the battles of ‘Blade&Soul’ through simple control.
Source: http://news.curse.com/details/12334/

Video:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mNFGMmy2HMo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mNFGMmy2HMo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kinda reminds me of Fate Stay Night

Definitely a must have. The running portion was just astounding. And finally a game, where your attacks actually look damaging.

G
I was expecting it to be same-ey, but damn I'm impressed. That looks fantastic, the running at 100+MPH feature looks so damn good.. 90% of my WoW experience was running from point A to point B.
And the Horde equivalent in the trailer look awesome, the villainous characters that seem to sprout new limbs the more they fight.. That looks brilliant. MMOs need less wussy swords and more fist fighting.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NCsoft will do a good job. hopefully.

Sounds interesting, i'll give it a look when I get on a working computer.

They need to make the basic melee combat in all mmos like RYL

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks really boring to be honest..

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They need to hurry up and release Aion... not make another mmo. =_=

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good graphics; the rest is boring indeed.

Best answers
yah, if the fights are balanced and look awesome like that this game will be amazing, but we'll see how it plays. I'm excited though.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Im not sure, is this an mmorpg or mmo action RPG? Like you dont click monster, wait, its dead? ok I gained xp... clicking next monster, this is boring. But with like, pressing LMB punch, RMB kick, RMB with sword is slash and OMG ARROW COMBOS THAT GIVE LONG OMG 50 HITS COMBOS

So which one is it?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It looks great, but I can't count the Korean MMOs I've seen that look great and play like Korean MMOs, and if I had to take a stab at what they were modeling this after, it's Korean MMOs. Besides, it's never as impressive after you kick a Worg to death for the 600th time. I'll keep my eyes on it.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im not sure, is this an mmorpg or mmo action RPG? Like you dont click monster, wait, its dead? ok I gained xp... clicking next monster, this is boring. But with like, pressing LMB punch, RMB kick, RMB with sword is slash and OMG ARROW COMBOS THAT GIVE LONG OMG 50 HITS COMBOS

So which one is it?
From the looks of it based on the video, it's keyboard and mouse rather than point and click.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, you can see action sequences repeated in the video. It's likely point and click. The fighting reminds me of The Matrix Online. But we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wouldn't count on that yet. The combat isn't terribly interactive from the look of it aside from the one scene where the girl runs around avoiding the big lizard's attack (or whatever that was). It could easily be click-based powers triggering one at a time into pre-rendered combos. I'd love to see it be keyboard based, and gamepad compatible, like a brawler, but that might be too ping-restrictive and difficult to test for today's MMO.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, you can see action sequences repeated in the video. It's likely point and click. The fighting reminds me of The Matrix Online. But we'll just have to wait and see I guess.
That's what I'm afraid of.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, that's why I said that. It looks great, like The Matrix Online looked. But then you sit down to play it and your smile flips upside down almost instantly. But again, we'll have to wait and see. Hope it's actually good.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I still don't get what people like so much about the "click and wait for it to be killed" genre. What's wrong with an actual fighting system only as in a huge servers with 10000+ people online? (ill call it MMO kill that ****er RPG)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom