BLA... Blends..<<< needs help

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok.. I desided to put this seperate.. Cause I really like to know.

HT hell do you use blends.

Pls post any info you know on it.. Don't care how little.. i need blend info bad. :(

probably won't make the version i am working on now. :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
um i usually use the smudge and blur tools to blend em together

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am currently talking bout animations.

>ANYONE?.. :( <

Best answers
Ehm...

Make one animation, like holding a gun parallel to teh ground. Then change the spine bone's rotation so he looks up with the gun. Do the same for looking down. Export looking up and won as seperate smds, up.smd and down.smd or such. Now if you want this anim ingame, use it like

$sequence "hmg_look" "up" "down" blend XR -90 90 fps 30 loop

(Not sure about the "up" and "down" position. Just try it, if the model looks up when the player is lookin down just change their position, I'm to lazy right now to import and anim...)

Now ingame you can see the other palyer looking up/down with this animation, so the engine picks the fitting position between the 2 blends that fits to the angle the player is lookin. That's what I figured out, I hope it's right ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
can I do a 6 way blend.. or is it purely only up down, left right, left down, w/e?

Best answers
Dunno. Perhaps go to the polycount or wavelenght forums and ask there. I only work with up/downs and have not seen left/rights. Left/right are bone controller controlled only IMHO. Sorry, but I'm just too tired right now to look there myself, I'll go to sleep now. Good night, I hope you find something. If you do, please post it here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom