Bioshock Infinite.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here's the video that SV posted before, but now in true HD.

10 Mins Demo

Even though most of it is scripted, the devs said its not so much in the game, i am so sold.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it gives me the same feelings I had about the first Bioshock, I'll love it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree. I have nothing but respect for Ken Levine and I think he's a really cool guy, just listening to that interview fills me with hope for every single game Levine's involved with. One thing I noticed when he was on Gamespot's the Hotspot a while back, that he doesn't mind cursing a bit. And I love that.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Wow, now that looks like an awesome game. I love the abilities! What are those humans though, all machines?

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seem like organics. The same way the splicers were Adam overdosed humans, these are overdosed *Infinite's Mana Name Here*s. It seems like we'll have to drink stuff this time around, like that bottle which gave the Crow Control Power.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
10 bucks say I mispronounce that every single time.

Crowd Control Power.

Crown Contr- No, damnit.

....They better have a different name for that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is the internet man, get in on the acronyms baby!

CCP anyone?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, I admit this doesn't look awful. It knows how to sell itself anyway.

Still, a few things once more, bug me:

1: Genetic powers...in 1912...

That still sounds more ridiculous than hearing the phrase "hacking" applied in the 50's. Where did this COME from? Is it Adam? What?

2: Ultra-nationalism

Seriously, what the crap happened here? Is Columbia some lunatic sect, or is the whole damn country gone whacked? Why is everything falling apart? Is this the splicer scenario over again? Are these guys REALLY opening fire with a damn CANNON onto one of the structures of their own flotilla to get ONE guy? Including the structure the cannon sits on? Is most of the damage self-inflicted, or is Columbia at war with people all the time?

And if this IS the entire US gone crazy, what happened? Is this the result of a Confederate victory in the Civil War?

3: Who is this guy?

Our hero...his story seems to begin while ON Columbia, and he seems to have powers of his own, so...is he a Columbian, or are they forgetting details and he just travels there? In which case, why does Lizzy already have powers?

4: He SPEAKS??

Yeah, we had Jack talk in the opening to Bioshock, but is he really going to be a not-so-silent protagonist? Is this because he NEEDS to interact with Elizabeth? All these games of player-driven mutes, why the change? I mean, Alyx has stuck with Gordon Freeman forever now, and he's yet to utter a syllable.

5: THE DAMN NAME!!

I haven't altered my position on this. This has naught to do with the original games. Yeah, the argument is they're still based on genetics and all that, but I disagree. It's like Home Alone 3. Yeah, it's still about a kid defending his house from crooks, but without Culkin or his family, how can you still call it a Home Alone sequel with a straight face? It makes as much sense as the relationship between ANY of the "Troll" films!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

That still sounds more ridiculous than hearing the phrase "hacking" applied in the 50's. Where did this COME from? Is it Adam? What?

Seriously, what the crap happened here? Is Columbia some lunatic sect, or is the whole damn country gone whacked? Why is everything falling apart? Is this the splicer scenario over again? Are these guys REALLY opening fire with a damn CANNON onto one of the structures of their own flotilla to get ONE guy? Including the structure the cannon sits on? Is most of the damage self-inflicted, or is Columbia at war with people all the time?

And if this IS the entire US gone crazy, what happened? Is this the result of a Confederate victory in the Civil War?

Our hero...his story seems to begin while ON Columbia, and he seems to have powers of his own, so...is he a Columbian, or are they forgetting details and he just travels there? In which case, why does Lizzy already have powers?

Yeah, we had Jack talk in the opening to Bioshock, but is he really going to be a not-so-silent protagonist? Is this because he NEEDS to interact with Elizabeth? All these games of player-driven mutes, why the change? I mean, Alyx has stuck with Gordon Freeman forever now, and he's yet to utter a syllable.

I haven't altered my position on this. This has naught to do with the original games. Yeah, the argument is they're still based on genetics and all that, but I disagree. It's like Home Alone 3. Yeah, it's still about a kid defending his house from crooks, but without Culkin or his family, how can you still call it a Home Alone sequel with a straight face? It makes as much sense as the relationship between ANY of the "Troll" films!
All of things you mentioned is information that will undoubtedly be divulged during the course of the game. As for your final statement, "Bioshock" isn't so much a single story as it is a concept. The original Bioshock and Infinite should be considered parables that attempt to teach the same, or a similar lesson rather than two completely different games/ideas.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Does the year make it any more ridiculous? Would it sound less ridiculous if the game took place in 2030?

Where talking about a floating city here and you're asking why they're firing canons to catch one guy? Really?

A friend of a friend. Who knows dude? If you're that curious, wait for the game to be released and buy it.

It was mentioned in the 44-minute interview. It was a refreshing decision they decided to make.

You still haven't gotten the idea of what Bioshock really means.
Bioshock does not equal Rapture.
Bioshock does not equal Jack.
Bioshock Infinite is not a sequel.
Bioshock Infinite is not a prequel.

I can go on forever, but ultimately, Bioshock is an idea. It can become just about anything at this point.
The skeletal structure of this idea was presented in all of it's glory in Bioshock. This is simply pushing the idea's boundaries, and seeing how far it can go in terms of creativity.
That's Bioshock.

P.S.

That's not an opinion...
That is a fact. Bioshock is what the creators make of it, and that interview above will clarify that for you.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Two words: Gregor Mendel

What's so wrong with the 'Lunatic sect' story? This might hurt some people, but: Christians, Muslims, any other religion. 'Lunatic sects' have been encountered on larger scales than one city.

Does the trailer specifically say that the gameplay represents the very beginning of the game? Trailers are usually about the game itself, not the characters. Have you ever bought a game based only on what you knew about the main character?

He's not Jack and definitely not Gordon Freeman. Infinite seems to have a different atmosphere than the other Bioshock games, it would make sense that the main character would interact with his environment in different ways.

The same thing SV wrote. The name Bioshock represents an idea, not a story.
You just can't fully accept that you were wrong, can't you?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I disagree, Viper.

J-Dude said:
Point is, I only believed in God up till this point because that's how I was raised. He's never made himself apparent to me, I haven't seen a reason to believe. I believe in Love, Good, Evil and the grand potential of man...but I'm having trouble believing in God anymore...I need a sign, and an apology.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Please don't get angry and ruin another bioshock thread...

🌠 Staff
Best answers
I think SV summed up everything i was gonna say beautifully.

Anyways, so far this thread is civil, but lets not make them close this thread again. So keep it that way please ^_^

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As much as i loved the original Bioshock, i even loved BS2, i did yearn for something different from there series. Even with all that back story, all you end up doing is go to a new room, hack, trap, kill Big Daddy and Splicers, get Adam, rinse and repeat.

Make no mistake, i really loved Bioshock but am glad Infinite is mixing things up.

Its funny how Jack speaks in the beginning intro of Bioshock but stays mum for the rest of the game. I wonder what the developers were thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom