BIG BANG...LAG!!!

Best answers
just kinda wierd but alot of the times when I'm in the middle of a blast radius from a big attack (i.e. Big Bang, Kamehameha, Spirit bomb) the blasts continues to stretch out to the walls of the map and gets stuck there and after that happens the game lags on me end.

But after i die and come back it's gone and my speed is back to normal.

IS this just a problem in my computer?

Best answers
No, I think the size of the sprite just drops your FPS. It's a computer issue, but it happens to alot of people (myself included)

Best answers
Me too I just type "your name" died and or just snipe with big bangs or SBombs so its not too slow...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im never effected by lag anymore in esf (found out how to get good fps :D). But yea I notice that happening alot, I can do it if I charge another attack to the fullest before the first explosion has gone out.

Best answers
I would say your computer has a big part in it. Heres a handy dandy example :p On my comp (2.53 GHZ) i barely have any probs with esf and lag, but on my friends comp (750 MHZ) he has that problem alot. Try turning beam quality down, and Groovy's cvars would help (but i have no idea where it is anymore after they combined the stickies)

Best answers
well i kinda take the big blasts that go and cover the map I call them Earth Shakers....but yah i tend to get lagged by those big explosions....the worst i ever got was when 2 guys kept launching Big Bangs at a ps and they were going about 3.5 miles a hour from the sea floor in Guru to the very top of the map, the explosion lagged me and everyone else out of the game!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
UltraPerfectCel said:
Im never effected by lag anymore in esf (found out how to get good fps :D). But yea I notice that happening alot, I can do it if I charge another attack to the fullest before the first explosion has gone out.
how do you do that? i once edited a file for cs, and changed fps, but it doesnt work for esf...

ontopic:
on evm servers i love to blast big bangs, i dont gte any lagg on it, cuz the server laggs on it self...
kamehame, finalflash, spiritbomb also never laggs me... :]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the sprite(s) gone very big ... bigger than map
maybe your comp has problems with it, but this never happend to me
if you die most sprites are cleared ...

Best answers
It's when big-bang attacks radius is being calculated server-side

When it becomes too much to handle it overworks the server cpu,making it slow thus causing lag

So that means....the sprite is still growing outside the map,and you'll need an explosion radius the size of esf_guru for it to completely 'remove' the blast

But of course,some of it is done client-side,which means that if you don't have a good enough video card,well,its a lag-out

Best answers
this used to happen to me but i changed the video driver to opengl and now it does not stay there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom