best webhost?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ive been meaning to do this for awhile, i WAS leeching bandwidth off of soulstriker, but he cut that of when a few hundred people decided to download something i had uploaded, (when in reality i was only expecting 5 at most lol)

he said he, put it back when the month was over, but that didnt happen, and so im either forced to use free hosting things that are crap, or buy one, im leaning towards buying, which iw as gonna do eventually anyways ill just need to get all my stuff back from him and move it to my own host when i get it set up, (if he hasnt deleted it already)

oktagone was my first choice, i was comfortable with the speed at the time but with the recent move its a tad slower then it used to be , for me anyways, some people cant even tell a difference

heres what i need,
in the ballpark of 60 -100gb transfer a month, plenty of storage space, and decent speeds

the cost isnt really an issue, so long as its not a huge amount but the lower the better, thats with the domain included as well

any you guys have any reccomendations? ive done some digging around myself but i dont wanna pay more than i have to,

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The company that does my hosting have good rates, here's some plans:

http://www.idhosting.co.uk/hosting-plans.php

Those plans are really for personal web pages but they do custom servers, if you email your requirements they should give you a quote and it won't be overpriced at all. Also, the servers are very reliable, i've never had so much as an hour of downtime, and the customer support is very good, in fact, they practically set me up. And you get a couple of domain names, the rest of the details are in there, but I strongly reccomend you check it out.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry for the double post, editing doesn't seem to work anymore.

Here's a quote, but I beefed up all the requirements, obviously if you don't want a setup this powerful, it'll cost less and less.

Dedicated Server Quote (Managed)
================================
2.4 GHZ Intel CPU
512 MB (DDR)
Fedora Linux OS
100 GB Bandwidth transfer
2x80 GB IDE Hard Drives

--------------------------------
Setup Charge: £ 40.00
Monthly Charge: £ 120.00
--------------------------------

Users who are viewing this thread