Best story in a video game.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ofc Warcraft's III story (TFT is little worse, but still stands on a hilltop). And yea WoW has no storyline. It's just MMORPG without soul (even if the world is very lively).

I'd like very much Max Payne II story.

But my absolutely favourite is Prince of Persia. Sands of time is good, but gameplay... hmm... it's little cruel gives game without good gameplay ;)

Warrior Within. This is extremely awesome game with very good storyline. I plaied it many many times and still comming back to it. Very good fighting system, very good video, very very good texts ("I am the architect of my own destruction" or "You can not change your fate, no man can") and very very very very very complex story builded on 2 faces. I presume it is best what you can take for now. And I tell you that you won't be able to forget those ways when you were trying to escape before Dahaka. Ofc it has very good and mostly hard music for battles and some calm mp3 for normal walking through the world. Climat is awesome and it's the game I can direct to everyone.

The two thrones is very good too, but story is not as good as in previous part. But still it has nice gameplay and complex story and is surely worth to play too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anything that stretches a huge, detailed and convoluted plot across a span.

1. Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2, Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, 3, 4
2. Half-Life, Half-Life 2, Episode 1+
3. Final Fantasy VII, Advent Children, Last Order

Best answers
i loved crono triggers story it probably gets my vote for best.

final fantasy series(except 8), and especially 6 and tactics are awesome.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ofc Warcraft's III story (TFT is little worse, but still stands on a hilltop). And yea WoW has no storyline. It's just MMORPG without soul (even if the world is very lively).

I'd like very much Max Payne II story.

But my absolutely favourite is Prince of Persia. Sands of time is good, but gameplay... hmm... it's little cruel gives game without good gameplay ;)

Warrior Within. This is extremely awesome game with very good storyline. I plaied it many many times and still comming back to it. Very good fighting system, very good video, very very good texts ("I am the architect of my own destruction" or "You can not change your fate, no man can") and very very very very very complex story builded on 2 faces. I presume it is best what you can take for now. And I tell you that you won't be able to forget those ways when you were trying to escape before Dahaka. Ofc it has very good and mostly hard music for battles and some calm mp3 for normal walking through the world. Climat is awesome and it's the game I can direct to everyone.

The two thrones is very good too, but story is not as good as in previous part. But still it has nice gameplay and complex story and is surely worth to play too.
Hmm....well in my opinon The Sands of Time had the absolutely best story and gameplay when it comes to Prince of Persia series. It was much better than Warrior Within and Two Thrones whose stories weren't that good. Same could be said for the gameplay. All they added is new moves, blood and gore. And the stories were far worse than in Sands of Time as I said. But that's just my opinion.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yet to see a storyline as epic as xenogears yet
Grandia (the first one) had a really epic story ^^

As for my fav storys.

MGS
Grandia
Grandia 2
LOK all parts
Xenogears
Breath Of Fire 2 (still playing)
And ofcourse the legendary Chrono Trigger

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kingdom Hearts 1
Half Life 2
KOTOR 1

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From the non-mentioned ones i would say the God of War trilogy, although im still waiting for an awesome ending in GoW3.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
God of War - the animation style and solid acting helped take what might be a mediocre story and made it great. Furthermore, in many respects, it's a traditional Greek hero story with a twist wherein the protagonist's hubris and impiety do not ultimately lead to his downfall as in a normal story.
Quoted because I also think it has the best story line.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver series

chrono trigger

all the warcraft lore.

and world of warcraft is its own story line. maybe if you had half a brain you would figure it out.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
King's Quest series
Quest for Glory series
Mechwarrior series
Battlezone 2
Resident Evil series

I knew someone would remind me. I take back my favorite [Half-Life]. Resident Evil is number #1 for me. Excellent series - great ideas, story, characters, vibe, etc. Love it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and world of warcraft is its own story line. maybe if you had half a brain you would figure it out.
Hmm...yeah, in a good story I look for more than "ZOMG THEREZ ORCZ AND THEY HAVE THEIR WORLD". I'd like for something to actually 'happen' instead of going around, killing animals and other players, buying stuff, selling stuff, I don't get how people keep playing such a boring game. I played it as well, but I got bored of it quickly.

Best answers
WoW does have a story.

But its a backstory.

And I dont find it paticularly interesting, it reeks of tolkien fanboy.

Anyway my personal favourites would have to be

MGS. Its one of the most immersive games of all time, the voice acting, the story, the music, everything, when Meryl got shot, I didnt know what to feel at first, but that uncertainty was soon replaced by an urge to make Sniper Wolf pay for what she had done! (but it turns out, she got me all choked up too..)

CT. This is probably the finest RPG ever made, a great story, loveable cast of characters, and of course Nobuo Uematsu's soundtrack, which is probably the greatest achievement in videogame history.

When I finished Crono Trigger, I was actually sad, it felt like a bunch of my friends had died and I was left behind.

Then I played it again and again and again. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Max Payne feels like a storyline with a game built around it. Very film noir in it's presentation.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Max Payne and The Prince of Persia trilogy indeed had a great storyline.
In my opinion maybe the greatest.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Max Payne was awesome. I really like the story of Secret of Mana (probably because I grew up with that game). Breath of Fire IV was also great.
There are many other storylines that I like, but I can't really decide which I like best^^.

Best answers
Well the best storylines in my opinion come from rpg adventures:
-Golden sun
-Legend of the Zelda
-Some Final Fantasies (VI & VII are probably my favourites)
-Chrono trigger was great too, i cant remember if i played it through...

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy VI (the absolute best, the game is so dark when you live in the post apocalyptic world, Kefka rocks you and your family)
KOTOR I and II (II's ending will be better when the mod is released)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom