Beam&Blast Idea

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
U know what happens to most of the huge blasts in DBZ, like in the Cell Games the Kamehameha waves 'flew' to outer space.
So my suggestion is that if a beam reaches the end of a map (where there is an 'invisible wall'), instead of exploding the beam will detach and keep going until it reaches the skybox or something.
If it's a blast (BigBang, SpiritBomb, DeathBall etc.) it will just keep going beyond the 'walls' like the detached beamhead will.
What do you think?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont think thats possible
I hear it too damn often.
Anyways, they could trigger it if the beamhead reaches an untextured part of the map.. that is, if they can get access to such properties of the map through the code.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well we can do what mechmod does and have the beams just disappear into the walls instead of exploding but that would look weird and how would you beam jump like this anyway?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like you do now... the beam doesn't explode until you stop the beamjump so it wont disappear until you stop. But I don't think doing that is a good idea simply because explosions are here to stay

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
do it on the way bfp did, it just disapears.
the beam true the sky thing isn't possable becours that would crash the game easely.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just have it "removed from play" (so it doesnt explode and kill anyone) and then have the sprite get smaller then go away.

not too difficult.

Best answers
ZeroNightmare said:
just have it "removed from play" (so it doesnt explode and kill anyone) and then have the sprite get smaller then go away.

not too difficult.
Go on then , code it.

If it were possible without bugging ESF out then sure. It's also stop beam jumps from the skybox witch ... look...weird...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom