Battlfield Play4Free

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Battlefield Play4Free

I just tried it out for a few hours, expecting a meh Pay2Win game, but I must say I am pleasantly surprised.

[video=youtube;CgU39ftkuE0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgU39ftkuE0[/video]

Yes, to get better weapons permanently you have to use real cash, but getting ingame cash turned out to pretty easy. In one sitting i was able to earn enough to buy the Best Assault Rifle there is for 3 days. It is turning out to be quite fun. Although it won't last you a long time, it will probably help you get your Battlefield fix until big daddy Battlefield 3 comes home.

http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/

If you guys DO try it, hit me up, nicks the same as my new one, ZPower.

Last edited:
ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
I played the beta and thought it sucked. It just doesn't feel like a Battlefield game (and I'm a huge BF fan)

Dudemeister
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I tried it for a while, but the controls feel a bit loose and it has lag issues. Also, I'm getting crappy FPS on a PC that runs Crysis 2 at a good framerate.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I was in the beta.

But I have Bad Company 2 already...and they said this is BF2 with BC2 weapons...but with BF2 maps...so not that interested. Plus, I despise "Buy for x day" games. Really hate that.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I tried it for a while, but the controls feel a bit loose and it has lag issues. Also, I'm getting crappy FPS on a PC that runs Crysis 2 at a good framerate.
You get crappy FPS on a system that runs Crysis 2 well? That's weird, since I can run this game on a 15 inch laptop at an acceptable 30fps on high @1920x1080 on BATTERY power, I get well over 60fps when on high performance.

Dudemeister
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, and if I use medium settings, I get more than 30 fps (it feels like more, but didn't check the actual fps) but the screen flickers if I turn my camera too fast.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Still weird, that a laptop can run this game better on high, than a Crysis 2 machine can run this game on medium. I haven't played Crysis 2 on my laptop yet, but damn, my FPS would probably skyrocket.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
I was in the beta and i couldn't stand that grain filter and the general darkness of the game, so meh...

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I was in the beta and i couldn't stand that grain filter and the general darkness of the game, so meh...
Grain Filter and Darkness?

I didn't notice either of those. I AM playing at low so i wouldn't know.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks for the constructive and expert feedback on this Viper. Some guy at work talked about this, and now I see it here. Enough reason for me to give it a spin for.. my money :(

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah.. Sweet Mastery. Been coming out on top for a while now. Am having loads of fun.

Seriously, you guys should give it another chance.

Dudemeister
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks for the constructive and expert feedback on this Viper. Some guy at work talked about this, and now I see it here. Enough reason for me to give it a spin for.. my money :(
I did not know people expected expert feedback from me. Next time I'll keep that in mind.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Sometimes I am having fun, there are huge drawbacks though.

- There are only 3 maps. Which gets boring...fast.

- There are 16 weapons per class at this moment. 5 of which are pistols (one of which, you have to actually buy). 6 of which are shotguns (one of which, you have to actually buy). Those 11 are already pretty much useless(This is a mostly long-range game). The remaining 5 are (in the Soldier's case) assault rifles. Of those 5, 1 is a bought-battlefunds-only weapon. 2 are upgrades of 2 others. And basically 1 gun is pretty much the best in the game, better than a sniper rifle. So. 16 weapons (excluding all other classes), 1 owns (Veteran AEK, which is half as powerful as the most powerful sniperrifle, but a lot easier to shoot at long range and a much higher rate of fire).

- Battlefunds are a rare commodity in this game. You need to pay 1500 silver funds to buy a weapon for 1 day (non-veteran weapons cost 500, though). For reference, my average earnings per match are about 30 silver funds. Do the math. Once you level up, you get around 4-500 battlefunds, which helps, but as you gain levels, it takes more time to gain the next one. Essentially forcing you to buy the gold funds with money (which I am most definitely not going to do).

- Once you are out of funds, you are forced to your initial default weapon which is severely underpowered, and only has 20 bullets in the weapon, and 20 extra. (In contrast, the Veteran AEK has 35/70)

- You can only have 2 different soldiers in the game. Want more? Buy slots. Want to change/delete one? Not possible. Once chosen, you are stuck with it forever.
- All customization can only be bought with money.

So yeah, they do their best to force you to buy weapons and other stuff with money. So I am guessing this game will get boring after level 12-ish. And I am currently level 10.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom