Banning Scripters?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
True that, but that would be their own fault. Wouldn't it? They did then used the script(s) in the first place.
Not true because they just have to remember to double tap. It's not that hard. They just have to think a little more. They just used the script because it's easier to press it once than it is to press it twice. If you think about it, it's not in least bit cheating. People hear the word "Script" and they automatically think "Oh he's cheating" there's a difference bewteen scripting and cheating.

Cheating is something that the game is not designed to do. So having unlimited health, infinite Ki, a high starting PL. That's cheating. The game is designed to be a faced paced fighting game. The swoop script only enhances that feeling. Especially for high pinged servers. The delay isn't so bad. So it's basically only making it better. Besides, in 1.3 they plan on getting rid of double tap. So, this script isn't bad at all. Other scripts like adv. melee script, that's bad. I don't see why there is even a script for turbo. I just have to press e and t at the same time, and it's not that hard. But what ever works. Like NGE said: it's comfort.

Best answers
The turbocharge script isn't useful at all. Stopping to use the swoop script is really hard. This is because it is a reflex instead of a well thought move because the game is high paced

Best answers
ok, i read some of this topic, but it was just way too much to read all of it, in my opinion, i think there should be an AMXX plugin to block scripts, not ban, if there is just a way to stop them being used... then it's problem solved, without all this hostility towards eachother, and incase your all wondering, i DONT script.
but i admit, i used to script once upon a time.

*EDIT*:There are many that do, there are others that say they don't, when infact they do.
some may even be people in high status among the servers, i mean, DJ-ready could script for all we know, there shouldn't be any action taken atall, until there is a way to detect for sure. a 100% positive detection, leaves no room for posibilities whatsoever.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hehe, these threads always give me a chuckle. A bunch of people who know little to nothing about scripting debating things they barely understand. It's alright though.

Anyways, scripting...yeah...

I script. I use my l33t FPS+ scripts and Lag reduction scripts to own. As for this "Swoop" script -- A Big LOL if you ask me, it's not hard to do it that fast NORMALLY. If you spent a lot of time on the keyboard and you know the layout well enough and have a good reaction/action time...you can do it fairly easily.

There is no way to truely block cheat scripting unless the devs block ALL commands except those necessary to play/run the game and configure options (such as decal limits and graphical things)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dewd In Ћe Newd said:
Hehe, these threads always give me a chuckle. A bunch of people who know little to nothing about scripting debating things they barely understand. It's alright though.

I script. I use my l33t FPS+ scripts and Lag reduction scripts to own. As for this "Swoop" script -- A Big LOL if you ask me, it's not hard to do it that fast NORMALLY. If you spent a lot of time on the keyboard and you know the layout well enough and have a good reaction/action time...you can do it fairly easily.

There is no way to truely block cheat scripting unless the devs block ALL commands except those necessary to play/run the game and configure options (such as decal limits and graphical things)
And if you're a noob and just go into the game, chances are you don't want to take the 2 months out of your life (that is IF you have a good computer) to get good at the game, so pressing the button once is much easier than pressing it twice and holding it.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers

That is not bad at all, i never said anything about scripting generally. My point is mainly to the swoop scripts.

nge

Best answers
I certainly hope the comment wasn't directed towards me, Dewd.

Anyways, the said swoop script really offers only a slight time advantage, as most of it is based on reaction time. That slight advantage aside, it really limits your movement. I don't consider it unfair, personally.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nge said:
I certainly hope the comment wasn't directed towards me, Dewd.

Anyways, the said swoop script really offers only a slight time advantage, as most of it is based on reaction time. That slight advantage aside, it really limits your movement. I don't consider it unfair, personally.
It's not unfair in the least. Though some may say it is. If you think about it, (this is directed toward Sky) it's not much of an advantage. Like NGE has said previously, it's all about comfort. Okay, so people with the script have a time advantage. Well, not really. It just means that they can press the button a little later than they would have to had they not used the script. Well, it's timing, and they time when they want to swoop. Same for people who don't use it. They press the button when they think the timing is right. So subconsciously they are saying "Okay, I need to press it.... NOW!" and they do it. Same with people with the script. They do the same thing.

The name of the game is Timing. Same thing in high pinged servers. You have to get the timing down. You have to know how long it takes to do the action, and how long it takes for that action to get done. See what I'm saying?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
pressing a button once will always be faster then having to press it twice, which is very noticable in fast paced games.

Best answers
tonythetiger123 said:
pressing a button once will always be faster then having to press it twice, which is very noticable in fast paced games.
Not true. and omg why do I have to make my messages longer than 10 characters?!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sephize said:
Not true. and omg why do I have to make my messages longer than 10 characters?!
Yes it is true. It takes less time to press a button once and hold it, than it is to press it twice and hold it... where are you getting your logic?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
The fact that it's a script to do such functions.
Which gives you some advantage.

Best answers
I believe sephizes point is that is not a noticable difference. Earlier someone mentioned the ns pistol unloading script....that script is a good example of an exploiting script. It made it so you unloaded an entire clip all at once(pretty much), but this was not because of the script...it was due to a bug in the system which allowed the pistol to be fired as fast as the button could be pressed. The difference between the fire script and a swoop script is fairly large...considering the difference between a regular swoop and a scripted swoop is probably about .2 seconds. The swoop script doesn't make you do anything godly such as unload an entire clip in half a second....it just makes you swoop which is a normal function within the game. Would there be such a fuss if someone went in and made binds that allowed them to hit each key once(ie a forward button on the mouse along with the kb forward)....Using this method you could get a faster swoop then double tapping 1 button. Does that make it illegal? Its simply setting up controls for comfort...

nge

Best answers
That idea is probably more benificial than a swoop script. You have control of using one or 2 forwards at once, and don't lose the ability to utilize HL's air control in the engine.

Best answers
I'd say no

You could just think they are good players or take it like a man

They still got some bugs and aren't untouchable

Force Pit Member
Best answers
air control on this engine usually just uses the right and left strafe key, not the forward key.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I saw on MSN i believe someone with the nickname "Scripters are too lazy to touch the forward button twice". <-- something like that. To be honest, lol. He is right.

Best answers
Yeah, couldn't stop laughing about that nickname hahaha Amon was too lazy to tab the o twice =]
He didn't like me commenting on his lack of typing though...

Best answers
The way I see it, (I've just recently got back into esf, under the name Lonely Flower of the West) if you script, thats up to you because it's a choice, your choice BUT like all choices it has downsides, like if people find out you script then your reguarded as a scripter for life and people don't want to fight you BECAUSE they know you have a advantage that they don't and they are not willing to do the same. Like I'll be honest, I'll see sephize in a server and even through it'll be the best server to join, I won't join it BECAUSE I know he scripts, nothing personal I just don't want to fight someone who i know scripts without at least warming up first.

But not scripting has disadvantages too, like it's part of the HL engine, meaning it's a whole aspect of esf that could be explored and tested, It also obviously gives you an advantage and this is what this topic is about, and the ONLY thing that is the problem is the amount of advantage it gives, WHICH IS DIFFERENT TO EACH PERSON (I wrote in caps because if you take anything of my post then I'd like you to take that part, not because I'm shouting)

Sure I'm like any human, I get annoyed when someone beats me in esf, but I bite my lip and carry on. I get annoyed when I think people are scripting but I bite my lip, it's a fact of life that no matter how much you say "Don't do that" they'll do it, depends what the thing is but this doesn't make them a bad person for seeking an easier road in life, just different to everyone else which we all do at times

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom