Bad Things

Best answers
Guys, I like the game as much as the next guy, but you need to admit, there are bad things about it. Every time I pist remark that proves somthing bad about ESF, the secound a mod sees it, he deletes it, so no one eals can see what I wrote. Now if you ask me, that is pretty lame. ESF, you need to reconize, nothing can be perfect, and there are better DBZ games than ESF. If you guys want to be the best, get away from Half Life.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry im not the type of person that likes to flame so
you will have to wait for the next guy that comes by and reads
this.

Anyway, it would be nice if ESF was for UT2K3(Which im getting soon)
Or Quake 3 like BFP was. But BFP ... bah, people complained about
that mod being good but when you look back at it there wasn't
much to it. There was as much done as ESF devs has done now
for ESF Beta 1.

Best answers
Originally posted by <MRA>+PpC+
Guys, I like the game as much as the next guy, but you need to admit, there are bad things about it. Every time I pist remark that proves somthing bad about ESF, the secound a mod sees it, he deletes it, so no one eals can see what I wrote. Now if you ask me, that is pretty lame. ESF, you need to reconize, nothing can be perfect, and there are better DBZ games than ESF. If you guys want to be the best, get away from Half Life.
Tell me this.... Would you want to wait another 3 years for us to release a UT2003 mod... Or make this game better as it is???And it is only Beta 1.. Keep that in mind... If we just stop this mod and change to a diff engine thats 4 years of work I have spent and wasted... Plus switching to a diff engine requires the use of learning new skills and using new tools and programs... Might I add that for the past 3-4 years we (the team) Have been learning to use these tools and what not....
I don't know about you guys but I want to keep goin on this mod for this engine and screw all the new ones...

*note: you flame in this thread and i'll personaly kick the crap outta you.

Best answers
this game looks great for the halflife engine im amazed they pulled it off sometimes, and the coding musta been hell to transform it that much..

anyways this game kills some peoples frames already so going to a much newer engine would screw them over but also it would take an extremely long time to recode everything and learn the new engine and whatnot..

so speaking from a fans point of view i tihnk they should stick with the halflife engine..

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For a wanna be mod you sure don't behave well enough :S

Best answers
Hes giving his opinion is he not?
tho i must admit its a silly one

Best answers
Originally posted by esf_STRYKER
Tell me this.... Would you want to wait another 3 years for us to release a UT2003 mod... Or make this game better as it is???And it is only Beta 1.. Keep that in mind... If we just stop this mod and change to a diff engine thats 4 years of work I have spent and wasted... Plus switching to a diff engine requires the use of learning new skills and using new tools and programs... Might I add that for the past 3-4 years we (the team) Have been learning to use these tools and what not....
I don't know about you guys but I want to keep goin on this mod for this engine and screw all the new ones...

*note: you flame in this thread and i'll personaly kick the crap outta you.
Yes, I would'nt mind waiting 3 years for a better game. And I would like to see you fly all the way to Olympia, Washington, by the Ever Green State College to come and kick my ass. Want my address to?

Best answers
You'd wait another 3 years for them to release another beta 1 - by then U2k3 would be as old as half-life. The modders are all learning the standards of creating games, they aren't making the games yet - so go stick that up your corn pipe.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont think this mod is really three years old.
I say there is some sarcasm and exgurations in this thread :p
I know one things for sure. This mod started around the time that
DBZ:HLE was in the middle of its progress. Right before it died. And
I donno when that was. probably two years ago... but not three.
Bah I donno I always forget these things

Best answers
Yes, I would'nt mind waiting 3 years for a better game. And I would like to see you fly all the way to Olympia, Washington, by the Ever Green State College to come and kick my ass.
Now, i'm no mod, nor am i trying to act like one, but here's some advice from a fellow ESF friend (as it seems you do at least like the mod), you've been here on the forums at least since august, you should know Stryker is a team member, the last person you would want to talk back to. They might ip ban you which does prevent you from playing ESF.

I personally think that either:
1)It wasn't a team member deleting your topics since they usually like CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, or (which brings me to the next point)

2)You may have sounded like you were flaming hte team.

Oh, and one more thing about switching engines, you lose a fan base that has grown soooo much. While not completely, i sure as hell know i'm not getting UT2K3, i don't speak for the whole fanbase but i'm sure there are a lot of others who won't either.

And:

Want my address to?
How else will he be able to find you?

Best answers
PpC dont be full of yourself you pathetic person you.

This is a mod, a dragonball z mod, by fans for fans. The developers used the HL engine cuz its the easiest engine to mess around with when it concerns mods. If you dont like the mod then please, learn to code, learn to model, and make your own damn dbz mod for another engine since the HL engine is too weak for you. Not everything is perfect. This is still beta. There are lots of more things to do. If you cant appreciate this then go try another DBZ game or rather than whine, why dont you develop a mod for lets say the Q3 engine or U2k3 and have it perfect, just the way you want things to be.

All in all, you make it sound that making this type of mods are easy.

Best answers
Man there is not much to say to this... I think you should be hit on account of just because you think somethings not good enough that you should ditch it. The ESF team took the flexible but outdated HL engine and transformed it into a Q3 Standard. If the way you live your life deals with ditching something that doesn't come up to your standards that is pretty sad.

Best answers
You tell him Vegetto. PpC, you should be jumping for joy that this mod did the impossible.

Best answers
Man ppc,you should be thankfull that there even is ESF for Half life
a game almost everyone has and that can run in the most sh*ttest pc's.

3 years for a better game...?

in 3 years you'll forget that this mod even exisited....

so just stick to esf or play something else...

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*sigh*

The bottom line is that while graphically superior, many other engines just lack a LOT of things that half life has. IMHO, theer hasn't been a really really good modding engine since Half Life. This is for several reasons.

1. Half Life mods, especially the good ones, have a lot of support from Valve. If you have a question that needs answering, usually Valve will try to help if they have time. Furthermore, play your cards right and the source can become available to you. Looking at UT2K3, I heard it was hideously expensive to liscence the engine, even for a single programmer.

2. Many people are very used to Half Life editing, and there's a slew of exceptionally good tools available. Furthermore, an engine switch would mean trashig everything, even textures probably.

3. You can't name ANY game that has the fanbase that Half Life has. This mod wouldn't be doing nearly as well on another engine.

4. Half Life runs very nice and smooth on even older computers. It'd suck if the best we could do was look at screenshots. I bet most ppl here would be hard pressed to run a game that really pushes the UT2K3 engine. I don't even think I could run UT2K3 at more than a few FPS.

All in all, even now, I'd say the HL engine is still the best modding engine. Sure, it doesn't always looks as good as other engines, it can't handle super high poyl mdoels, or rediculously huge maps, but in the end, does that really matter? Look at some of the mods for UT2K3. A lot of them REALLY suck. Moreso than some HL mods. I'd rather play a silly mod like Rocket Crowbar (oh god it's fun, too bad there's no servers - but if anyone wants to play, I'm up for it :p ) than most UT2K3 mods.

Anyway, in closing, HL rocks for modding. ESF rocks HL.

-Karrde-

Best answers
You show that turd how things are kar.

If ppc would like to act like a lil critic then he should really have his facts based out 1st.

Best answers
Originally posted by Minuteman
You'd wait another 3 years for them to release another beta 1 - by then U2k3 would be as old as half-life. The modders are all learning the standards of creating games, they aren't making the games yet - so go stick that up your corn pipe.
Do you have any idad how long Half-Life is out you ******? UT2003 was released this year, ever new game coming out latly is based off the UT2003 engine, Splinter Cell, Halo PC, and thers another one i know of that is based off of it.

Best answers
Sorry for double posting, but as I read more of these post, I notice you all think I am dissing the ESF mod, and you guys act like im trying to be a mod, and you call me a critic. If you read the Decleration of Independince, you will see some were on there, it says I have the right to speak my opion. I am just saying, the game is great for half life (if any of you read my other post), this game probly takes HL to its potential, and some of you dont know there are alot beter engines, you would see that if you woud see that if you stopped searching for HL mods, and look at new games. All I was saying, is that this game does have downfalls, and they could be improved on another engine. And jsut becuse they make this game on another engine, does not mean they have to stop it on the HL engine. Now I hope you all see what I was trying to say more clearly, I love the esf team, and who ever said, dont diss stryker, if some one says on a fourm, they will kick my ass, i would really like to see them go to the trouble of doing it.
Now, i'm no mod, nor am i trying to act like one, but here's some advice from a fellow ESF friend (as it seems you do at least like the mod), you've been here on the forums at least since august, you should know Stryker is a team member, the last person you would want to talk back to. They might ip ban you which does prevent you from playing ESF.
Funny thing about a router, move the cabel/dsl wire, and all the ips change :D

My appoligies to the ESF team and ESF Community.

Moderaters, if you please close this thread, that would be great, im tired of this greif.

-Paperclip

Best answers
Hehehe you think your pretty smart. All a router does is give your networked computers a diff IP. Unless you are running a HL server then you can make multiple ips just changing the 24.157.44.102:27015
24.157.44.102:27016
24.157.44.102:27017
24.157.44.102:27018
And so on. I'm not flamming you just pointing that out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom