AUTOBOTS TRANSFORM AND ROLLOUT!

Best answers
pfffffHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!:laff:

But seriously, I use GameFAQS.com

You just laughed at X-Play, who has yet to really not be fair to a game.

Then said you read user reviews on gamefaqs?

Because 12-14 year olds that have trouble typing out literate paragraphs constitutes some serious opinion and reason.

Best answers
You just laughed at X-Play, who has yet to really not be fair to a game.

Then said you read user reviews on gamefaqs?

Because 12-14 year olds that have trouble typing out literate paragraphs constitutes some serious opinion and reason.
Gamefaqs has some great reviewers, who put some serious thought into what makes a game good/bad, however it's a public forum, and you take the good with the bad.

X-play is a crew of pretentious hipster douchebags that spend more time reading tired little pop-culture references off the teleprompter and engaging in "witty" banter with one another that you start to forget they actually review games.

Alot of Gamefaq's users may be immature, but atleast they don't have any delusions of grandeur concerning their comedic talents and actually review games, instead of trying painfully hard to appeal to the key gaming demographic that it's actually sad.

On topic: I just got hold of the game, and so far I'm having fun just blowing stuff up, it's a definite improvement over the horrid psp title and I can't wait to unlock the G1 characters.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, GameFAQs for the win. I'm not quite sure how I can trust sites like IGN, who, for example, are owned by FOX. Don't know about GameSpot, but I'll trust user reviews over professional reviews any day of the week.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The game is fun, and a must have for die hard fans, but don't expect the best game in the world by far. I had a huge amount of fun zipping all over the place and transforming into a big leap, or climbing buildings and transforming off the top of that into vehicle mode.

Meh, easily entertained I suppose, but the Frank Welker megatron was nice.

Best answers
Gamefaqs has some great reviewers, who put some serious thought into what makes a game good/bad, however it's a public forum, and you take the good with the bad.

X-play is a crew of pretentious hipster douchebags that spend more time reading tired little pop-culture references off the teleprompter and engaging in "witty" banter with one another that you start to forget they actually review games.

Alot of Gamefaq's users may be immature, but atleast they don't have any delusions of grandeur concerning their comedic talents and actually review games, instead of trying painfully hard to appeal to the key gaming demographic that it's actually sad.

On topic: I just got hold of the game, and so far I'm having fun just blowing stuff up, it's a definite improvement over the horrid psp title and I can't wait to unlock the G1 characters.

That's why you don't watch the show, it's made to be comedic. You read the 1-3 page reviews on each game that goes into detail about gameplay, sound, graphics etc.

All their reviews are spot on and well done.

Best answers
That's why you don't watch the show, it's made to be comedic.
Then It failed miserably, I'm no expert but I believe one of the cornerstones of comedy is that it actually has to be humorous.

You read the 1-3 page reviews on each game that goes into detail about gameplay, sound, graphics etc.
Yes, because I actually like to know how the game plays before I make a purchase, instead of having a vague idea but not being sure because the "reviewers" went into a lame comedy routine half way through.

All their reviews are spot on and well done.
Yeah, I agree with you there, like the Super Dbz review for example, where they didn't actually review it, instead they made a little robot talk about it because they hate anime games (I think they were trying to be comedic..I'm not sure)

It's fantastic bias like that, that kind of keeps them in the "Pretentious hipster douchebag" catagory for me.

Anyway back to the game, and I've spent some more time with it, and it's getting a little tedious, I'm only on the second level with Jazz and I'm already sort of bored, I might take the Decepticons for a spin, mindless destruction might be able to ease my pain.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The game was fantastic at first. Blowing up **** is so fun in the city.

You gradually make a building catch on fire, and watch how the building next to it gets slightly damage on the side that is near the fire...Then THAT building catches on fire as the first one explodes, sending debris (aka weapons) shooting out and exploding nearby cars. The sirens are wailing, the people are screaming, and everything is blowing up...And you are just fine in your robot mode.

...Then come the missions. Driving is fun, flying is even more fun. The little bad guys were fun to toss around and fight, but then you get to bosses/real character with those goddamn shields. Shooting DOES have purpose for these guys, despite what people say. You can stop them dead in their tracks while you go collect some health.

But it's drive here, fight this guy with the same 3 square combo (sometimes the animation varies), or a counter attack. Maybe you will get a chance to throw the enemy, but good luck trying to break a building by doing that (pissed me the hell off. But FIGHTING near a building, woo, get ready for some chaos).

You would think that a mission to destroy stuff would be fun...For some reason, it isn't after the 2nd time around. And I HATE being timed. You don't get there in time and the whole mission starts over, which could have been a lengthy one.

The most fun I have in the game is just staying out of the mission area, causing havoc and fighting the smaller robots that come a long. They really, really need to beef up the combat system. Yeah Kingdom Hearts had you mashing the square button a lot, but they made that fun.

If this game just had even more more melee button to have combos, and have it so you could constantly knock your enemies into/through buildings, it would have been so much more than it is now.

Graphics/transforming look nice though. Except the BIGGEST explosions, like when gas tanks explode. Look like something out of Playstation 1 game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does anyone recommend Gamespot?

Best answers
Then It failed miserably, I'm no expert but I believe one of the cornerstones of comedy is that it actually has to be humorous.
Never said it didn't fail miserably, don't put words in my mouth.

Mountain Dewd said:
Yes, because I actually like to know how the game plays before I make a purchase, instead of having a vague idea but not being sure because the "reviewers" went into a lame comedy routine half way through.
Well, let me bring up an example. The first one on the page of the last game I had played. Help me find the comedy routine, please.

X-PLAY Review said:
Spiderman 3 - XBOX/PS3 release

Everything a Spider Can?

Functionally identical on both the PS3 and the Xbox 360, this is definitely the best version of the game. Taking a heavy cue from the Spider-Man 2 game, the third game in the series doesn?t deviate at all from the open, Grand Theft Spidey format. For gamers who enjoyed the last game, the third iteration manages to provide a hefty amount of action in a free-roaming, active environment.

you didn?t like the other games in the series, however, then Spider-Man 3 will come across as blatant retread with virtually no innovation or creativity whatsoever. It?s a series of very loosely connected storylines, including a rather shaky representation of the overwrought plot from the movie, and the gameplay focus is on constantly web-slinging through New York City to reach checkpoints where you?ll inevitably beat the tar out of a bunch of goons. Occasionally, you?ll encounter mini-games like disarming bombs by pressing the buttons a lot, or solving easy puzzles, and there are God of War-style cinematic sequences inflicted on you with timed button presses leading to feats of daring do.

Bad Guys Amuck!

Perhaps it?s a bit cynical to view Spider-Man 3 as merely a minor upgrade on the last game, recoated with a shinier paint job for the new systems. If you like the character and the gameplay the series offers, there is a ton of stuff to do. There are ten separate storylines to follow, and even if the writing, dialogue, and continuity are all suspect, the game amounts to around 50 different missions all over the city. In addition, there are random crime events that you can stop and a sort of morale system where your heroics and popularity are tracked.

And of course, there are boss battles. Like all Spidey games, they try to throw in plenty of other bad guys?both classic and new. So, in addition to New Goblin, Sandman, and Venom, you?ll face off against not just the Scorpion, the Lizard, Rhino, and others. There are even several warring gangs that are turning Manhattan into a battleground. Also, there?s the black suit? which is black? and obnoxious. The PS3 version allows you to play as New Goblin, which is fun and shows off the Sixaxis glider control, but aside from a series of city races, he has almost nothing to do.

Spidey Reflexes?

Spider-Man 3 PS3/Xbox 360 ReviewThe presentation is a mixed bag as well. For the most part, the graphics look good, but not astounding. The Spider-Man model looks fantastic, of course, and so do most of the super-villains, but normal character models (even of the main characters) have a strange, bug-eyed, creepy look to them. Animation is generally good, but there are noticeable frame rate issues (especially on the PS3 version) that make the action seem choppy at times. The cityscapes look shiny and artificial, but the scope of Manhattan is still impressive, and the streets are usually remarkably crowded with both pedestrian and vehicular action.

Web-slinging is easy, the controls are kept fairly basic, yet give Spider-Man plenty of cool combat moves, and the gameplay overall feels very true to the character. The ability to use your spider-sense as a sort of heat vision to see through areas is cool, and the slow-motion dodge ability is a nice addition to the gameplay as well. On the other hand, the camera can be mind-numbingly frustrating. During combat in particular, the game simply has trouble keeping track of the action. When you?re fighting a small army of gang members at once, not being able to see properly is a big issue. Beyond that, while web-slinging wherever you want is initially a lot of fun, after a while it just gets boring. Constantly swinging from one side of the city to the other to find things to do just isn?t fun, and there?s no better way to quickly move around.

Though most of the movie?s actors lend their voices, both the performances and the dialogue seem tired and mediocre. Most of the voice acting feels phoned in, and the overall writing of the various storylines is lackluster. The soundtrack is an interesting mix of movie themes and strangely dramatic instrumentals that sometimes sound out of place.

Fan Fiction

In the end, the Spider-Man 3 game is a lot like the movie. Fans of the character and the action sequences will likely find plenty to enjoy, but anyone expecting something more will be disappointed. Overall, it?s a solid return to the land of spandex and there is plenty to do in the city, but nothing here feels fresh.
(3/5 btw)

Mountain Dewd said:
Yeah, I agree with you there, like the Super Dbz review for example, where they didn't actually review it, instead they made a little robot talk about it because they hate anime games (I think they were trying to be comedic..I'm not sure)
Like I said chief, don't watch the show. I had read the Super DBZ review and it was fine. Actually go to the website and read the actual reviews, not Adam whats-his-face's attempt at breaking it into the comedy world.

Best answers
Like I said chief, don't watch the show. I had read the Super DBZ review and it was fine. Actually go to the website and read the actual reviews, not Adam whats-his-face's attempt at breaking it into the comedy world.

My mistake champ I misinterpreted your phrasing, I wasn't aware of the website and had only seen the show, I figured written reviews would have just been transcripts from the show.

Best answers
My mistake champ I misinterpreted your phrasing, I wasn't aware of the website and had only seen the show, I figured written reviews would have just been transcripts from the show.
Ah that's cool buddy, I understand how you could have made the mistake, now you know that X-Play has good reviews.

Best answers
Favorite part of the game so far was when i was in the city of machines with blackout, fighting ironhide when he sent the tinier versions of him self at me the destruction was just awesome to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom