Assassin's Creed

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Low/Med poly models with high quality textures and lighting/shading?
Doom 3 anyone?
This may not be on the Doom 3 engine but it looks like it has some simular traits.
I think they really are the best in-game graphics you've seen on a console too ravey'.
The low quality video from the site hides a lot of things.
Either that or the people who made this 'cinamatic' movie really sucks.

🍂 Regular
Best answers
Looks like Assassin's Creed will be multi-platform:

"On June 22, 1up.com reported that Assassin's Creed would also be released on Microsoft's Xbox 360. The information came from sources close to Ubisoft. On July 4, it was reported that,during IDEF Festival in Cannes, France, Ubisoft announced that Assasin's Creed would be a multiplatform title and would be released on all next-generation platforms (Playstation 3, Xbox 360,Wii), as well as the PC."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin's_Creed

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ryeko said:
Here's in-game.

Big Image.
looks like they are just re-inacting the video with pose's.
No AA though, the second image has him pushing aside a person (I doubt you'll be able to do that) while walking up to three people.
Yet the video has those three dudes on a wood platform. =O

Best answers
Yeah, it's the trialer video, but it's in-game graphics.

Best answers
Fatal_CobraX said:
looks like they are just re-inacting the video with pose's.
No AA though, the second image has him pushing aside a person (I doubt you'll be able to do that) while walking up to three people.
Yet the video has those three dudes on a wood platform. =O
Well according to an interview it says that pushing people apart will be part of the game, also that some will push you back.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
clen said:
Well according to an interview it says that pushing people apart will be part of the game, also that some will push you back.
Interesting =D
It'd be nice to know if you can slaughter the town.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
YOU CAN PUSH PEOPLE AWAY WHAT A ****ING REVOLUTION !

Sounds interesting, great animation = win, i dont care about graphics.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lith said:
Gotta love it when people think the cut scenes is the game's graphics. :)
every played metal gear solid?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whatever man. They're just mad because the Wii probably can't do bump mapping.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Whatever man. They're just mad because the Wii probably can't do bump mapping.
Don't go stirring the pot, there. This thread isn't about the Wii's capabilities ;/

I saw the trailer for Assassin's Creed several weeks ago, and I was impressed by the show of cinematics that was put on; even if that is the level of graphics we can expect from the actual gameplay, I'm going to reserve judgement until I actually see the gameplay. I don't want to end up getting hyped for something that might just be MGS with a change of scenery =\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It wasn't about the PS3's price, either...

I don't know too much about the game but the graphics are plenty possible, though it being cross platform bothers me some. Cross Sony and Xbox makes sense but crossing to the Wii, it's just so different I don't see how you can preserve traditional gameplay.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The game isn't really MGS like from what I've heard. I heard you have a pretty large town to explore GTA style, doing...assassin missions. And I thought there were 2 other towns as well, not sure about that anymore. You can leap onto any ledge there is so you can think of hundreds of ways to kill your target. Really need to find that Preview in the PowerUnlimited (dutch gaming magazine) again.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think those really are the graphics we can expect from gameplay. someone earlier already pointed out the low poly meshes. thats just normal map goodness working right there =D

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
i think those really are the graphics we can expect from gameplay. someone earlier already pointed out the low poly meshes. thats just normal map goodness working right there =D
lol...
I've shown that the graphics are very possible but, I cant show you how the game play will be D:
An auto-sequence to push someone aside as you walk forward seems nice... lol
I want a screenshot with a mission in progress w/HUD and all that jazz.
It seem's that the crossbow may be your main weapon?
Hopefully there will be a lot of weapons but I can't seem to think of any that he could use in 'that' timeline of history.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who says you will see a hud? More and more games are walking away from huds as they wish to get more realistic games. Call of Duty 3 for example will have a limited/no HUD from what I've heard.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Graphics this, graphics that, until I see an actual gameplay video with a HUD, with a person holding a controller next to the screen, i'm not convinced :p The premise for the gameplay sounds fun though, medieval GTA3 >=D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
medieval GTA3 >=D
Now that I think of this. That would be insanely fun, running around and assassinating random civilians, and having guards come up and try to stop you.

\o/

I agree with Ravendust too, I wanna see some gameplay ;0!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"Your not buying a gaming console, your buying raw potential.... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

yeah...this game looks pretty cool, i'm rather fond of the crusade era after seeing kingdom of heaven

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"You're not talking about a game console, you're talking about a game.... STAYYYYYYY ON TOOOOOPPPPIIIICCCCC"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom