anyone saw KING KONG

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Godzilla remake was awesome. It even had that French guy that pops up every so often.

We just need the 2 to meet and start duking it out.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with Zeo.

I guess you could say I "saw" king kong. I mean, i paid the 6.50 for the ticket. But I can't recall what happened. It didn't seem like three hours to me. I remember up to the part where they crash the boat(I guess you could call it a crash) and they see the faces. After that......yeah. I think you get the picture. But I mean, it's got a huge ****in' monkey, with ****in' dinosaurs, i'm pretty sure the movie kicked ass.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't see how anyone could decide if they liked King Kong or not. If you've seen the original King Kong, just imagine it with better video technology and state-of-the-art equipment (I'm not too sure about state-of-the-art, lol). The good thing about this movie (aside from the movie being a very good remake) is that there is nothing you can spoil about this movie, unless the person you spoiled it for never saw the original.

Besides the technological advancements being the main difference between the two movies, some of the scenes are different from the original, but the good thing is that they are very minor changes.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
The Godzilla remake was awesome. It even had that French guy that pops up every so often.

We just need the 2 to meet and start duking it out.
That is too funny,

You have any idea how much bigger Godzilla is then King Kong???

King kong is the same size of a T-Rex, a T-rex is even longer then him, King Kong does beat them though.

But GodZilla? sheesh...

King Kong could be killed with one bite.

Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
I thought the movie was brilliant, didn't look at my watch once.

i agree the movie was brilliant! good action and some humor...
But it was a little much drama in it so i guess guys that expect kong to kill and destroy and pawn through the ENTIRE movie is gonna be disappointed.
But it is watchable espec when Kong face of against 3 big 'infamous' enemies: )

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jp said:
That is too funny,

You have any idea how much bigger Godzilla is then King Kong???

King kong is the same size of a T-Rex, a T-rex is even longer then him, King Kong does beat them though.

But GodZilla? sheesh...

King Kong could be killed with one bite.
In the movie Godzilla vs. King Kong, they were pretty much the same size. If you compare the remake of Godzilla to the remake of King Kong, Godzilla is either the same size as him or slightly larger.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
i saw it its pretty much as the old one

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's quite possible the most ignorant post I've ever read. Or a close second.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
X said:
That's quite possible the most ignorant post I've ever read. Or a close second.
Yea. The first would be yours. Warned for flaming.

Best answers
If you guys thought King Kong was too long, you didn't have to see it. You have to realize before you see the movie, how long it's going to be. If your going to be un-happy with that's it too long, don't bother seeing it. I actually thought the movie was great, the time didn't bother me at all, and the action was great, along with the amazing special effects, for blue screen atleast. I give it 5 out of 5 stars, excellent movie, if your the kind of person who has patients, you will love the movie.

OFFTOPIC: Um, I got to ask, which Godzilla re-make are you talking about? I have seen most of the Godzilla movies, but are you guys talking about Godzilla 2000, or Godzilla: Final Wars or what? And if your talking about Godzilla V.S. King Kong on DVD...That was still an old movie =/.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Actually movies like LOTR where cool and they where also 3 hours long. But when you watch a movie that in your own opinion sucks ass, 3 hours becomes a lifetime.

on-topic: I never new there was a godzilla vs King Kong movie. Was it any good?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@ Mcc: Im talking about the Godzilla remake where he swims to New York and he actually looks like a dinosaur.

I don't know if Godzilla vs. King Kong is on dvd, but the one I'm talking about came out a long time ago.

Best answers
Oh ok, the American Godzilla =/. Yeah, that was a great movie as well, but I think the new King Kong was a little bit better. In my opinion, 5 out of 5 for the new King Kong, and 4 and a half out of 5 for Godzilla. And yes, Godizlla V.S. King Kong did come out on DVD, the original was better though (the black and white one).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought it was a good movie, but over-rated. All I hear from anyone is "Oh my god, that was the most amazing movie I've ever seen." It was all right I guess, but nothing special about it that makes it stand out. Definitely not good enough to own on DVD, even if it was, it's one of those movies that you really only want to see in the theaters anyway.

I will say one thing though, It would suck to visit Skull Island. You never catch a break.. if you aren't being attacked by angry villagers, you're swarmed by giant insects, then just as you think it's as bad as it can get, your friends are being swallowed by giant leech/slug creatures, who then are crushed by raptors that are now chasing you while you're dodging falling boulders and the feet of stampeding Brontosaurus's. If you manage to survive all of that, you'll probably encounter a giant Ape that can pretty much pwn everything I just mentioned... all at the same time.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You gotta admit though, its hella easy to find people on Skull Island. Pretty much no matter where you go, you're going to bump into a friend.

Best answers
I'm actually going to but it on DVD, I really thought it was an excellent movie. Like how Optimus Prime said, it was brillint, in my opinion. It was actually one of my favorite movies, and I see a lot of movies XD.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dr.Gero-20 said:
I watched it, twice actually. The only part i thought was cool was when the one guy gets like eaten by those slug like things when he was trying to protect his chinese friend. But everything else was not very good imo.
Damnit, thanks for that spoiler... Post spoilers like that in white color. Grr...

And before anyone argues with me. I came in here to here everyone's views on the movie, as I intend to see it. I didn't wanna be told what happens...

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To say it was "way" too long was to enter unprepared with some form of ADD. As Ebert put it, the movie moved like a streak. I agree some of it could have been cut, a couple of the skull island scenes were too long, but the movie was about being epic and emotional. I guess I'd say it's not a movie for younger viewers, because younger viewers wouldn't understand the love story and would wish there was either more, or more outrageous action.

Visually it was the first movie that actually managed to put me in awe from some of the effects, and that goes a long way for me. I found the entire movie solidly entertaining, the character development of Kong was done incredibly well, and I thought the movie was just about perfect in length. I plan on seeing it again.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, what can you expect if the director was the same who made the LOTR? Sure it was long but it was a pretty damn good movie. =O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom