Anyone know any good mods for Quake 3?

Best answers
anyone know any good mods for quake 3 that are anime based?that are ready to play

stuff like:
DB-Z-GT
Mobile Suit Gundam
G-Gundam
Gundam Wing
Megaman

or anything else

again please dont tell me any that arnt playable yet

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think you should be asking this in an already well-established mod's forums.... but then again, what do I know?

Promoting other mods in these forums isn't allowed and anyone who replies to that "good mods" question will indirectly be promoting that mod in this forum...... *i think... me so confused today :'(*

Best answers
there was a game called bid for power however funimation or someone said they couldnt use dbz models and sounds or something so they stopped the project. However the new bid for power is a lot better. Its more arcady than esf, i cant remember the other 3 quake 3 dbz mods out...

Best answers
I havent played many Q3 mods, but out of the few I have played, I enjoyed stereo quake the best. Its nothing but a small modification, well not really small if you really look at it but it is small. It displays Q3 basicaly in true 3d, well sorta. Its like the magic eye books, where you slightly cross your eyes and the image pops out. Well this does the same thing, but gives Q3 what all 3d games are missing, depth. I can play stereo quake alot easier than the normal way, because I can actualy now tell how close that incoming rocket is and where to dodge. http://www.planetquake.com/stereoquake/ Thats the url for it, warning, this isnt a good mod for people with eye problems. I have played it for hours on end before without any problems, but I cant say the same about everyone else =P

Best answers
correct me if i'm wrong but isn't DBU a mod coming out for UT2K3? :) :p

Best answers
Yeah DBU is for UT2k3
MgS has got his mods wrong

BFP is ok, but needs alot of work the beams suck

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by LOGiSTiCs
there was a game called bid for power however funimation or someone said they couldnt use dbz models and sounds or something so they stopped the project. However the new bid for power is a lot better. Its more arcady than esf, i cant remember the other 3 quake 3 dbz mods out...
Then I wonder how come esf can have MODELS from DBZ and sounds?????????

Best answers
there is a special pack that u can download from http://www.bidforpower.it/

then go to the BFP-RC and get RC 4. This is the same as bid for power, but it has dbz models, sounds and attacks. Also it has alot of levels. Keep in mind that it is for quake

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't screw around with BFP, it's gone seriously downhill. Yes, RC3.8 (not 4, I don't think 4 exists unless they renamed 3.8) is fun, but EBFP is where it's at now. You can find that (if you go through the mess that is their website) at www.ebfp.tk . At least I think that's the right link... anyway, it's like RC 3.8, but with about 50 more characters, better sounds, and better animations. The problem? No servers. And I mean no servers. You just can't find any at all, not with the all seeing eye or in game, they don't exist. Only download it if you are going to contact someone who is willing to join before you host it.

Urban Terror is also a decent Quake 3 mod. It has a huge following, though personally I think it's gone downhill since 2.4 . Whatever; it's still a good modification at heart. (www.urbanterror.net)

A better alternative if you enjoy Counter Strike (without the cheats) would be Navy Seals Quake 3 (www.ns-co.net). Highly addictive gameplay, smoother animations and better models than CS. Experience point system instead of a buy system. Beta 1.9 is just around the corner (it's like ESF beta 1.1, everyone is convinced that it'll be out next week, but it's more likely a month or two away).

Yeah ok, so neither of those are anime based, but they're still worth looking into if you haven't. There aren't any really good (or half way decent) anime mods for Quake 3 that I know of. I thought they were going to release some kind of anime battle modification with a bunch of different characters but I guess they scrapped it. Life happens...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom