Any models out there?

Best answers
*EDIT:

CALLING ALL MODELERS / MAPPERS!
AS PART OF A IDEA I'M SETTING UP TO REVIVE A PART OF THE ESF-FOLLOWERS
I'M LOOKING FOR YOUR MODELS / MAPS.

I'M WILLING TO HOST THEM ON MY SERVER FOR EVERYONE TO DOWNLOAD SO WE CAN TRY
TO BRING BACK A PART OF THE GLORY-DAYS OF ESF.

Wouldn't it be great if there was a webpage where everyone could go to to download new models / maps for ESF?
So, if you are a modeler / mapper with released products please let me know so I can set this thing up.
You will receive all the credit for your hard work, I'm just willing to distribute it for everyone to use!

You know any of the modelers / mappers of the old days? Let me get in touch with them to ask permission to distribute their work once again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*ORIGINAL POST:

Hi all!

After 2 years of absence on ESF i've finally downloaded it again and started playing it like crazy. But since I'm not a big fan of the standard models (no offence) I always downloaded models from ESF-World... But to my great surprise that website is offline and after 2 days of searching the forums I still can't seem to find those high-end models I'm looking for.

Now, I first only wanted to ask you guys if you still have high-end models, but maybe it's an even better idea if i could host some on my server for everyone to download.

So, are there any models out there and may I host them for everyone to download?

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Google is your answer. As for the hosting, I think you need the author's permission to do that.

Best answers
Google isn't my friend in this case, couldn't find a single thing except for the ECX pack (which i don't like).

And for the permission: I would first like to have the model so i know who to contact, cause every model i saw back in the day had a credits file with email adresses in them.

Maybe someone here has connections with modellers. Maybe they can redirect me to them for the permissions/models.

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
http://halflife2.filefront.com/files/Half-Life/Mods/Multiplayer/Earth_Special_Forces/v1.2.x;7691

Basicly, HL2 files does host some extra content, yet due to a large popularity of ESF:W over HL2 files not much is hosted on that site. All I've gotten from there is a Goku model, and if I remember correctly, it was modeled by "davidskiman". A great model indeed.

Also, somewhere on the forums there is a pack of characters. Those characters were originally intended for an add-on, but since the project stoped the leader (I think it was the leader) decided to put out an installer for those characters.
It also includes new sounds and a new aura model, and I like all of that aswell.

But I'm not sure where that topic is hiding, but if you do some poking I think you should find it.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF world will be back in due time its a waste of your time making a hosting site if your making one

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DJ-Ready and Skizer are working on getting ESF-World back up, but if you insist, feel free to help contribute by having another file hosting website! Just be sure to ask for the owner's permission before you upload a file to your website. :)

Best answers
ESF world will be back in due time its a waste of your time making a hosting site if your making one
I'm not planning on replacing ESF-world. I'm not planning on making a complete website either, just a couple of pages with some models and maps on it for everyone to download.

Best answers
The idea ain't bad. But when there is EsF-World, why make another site?
Once again, i'm not trying to make a site like esf-world.
This is just a place for people to download models / maps until esf-world is back online. This is just a temporary solution for people who would like to play with custom models / maps cause their isn't a place to download them at the moment. They are now scattered across the net, almost unfindable.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good idea, even though Ready was supposed to have rigged up a bare-bones, archive system until ESF-World was smexed up by now :p

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
By the time you get some files, ESF-World will most likely be up.

Best answers
-_-' Like i said a million times: I'm not planning on creating a second ESF-world.

I would still like to create my idea, not to copy ESF-world.
The more places to download models / maps from, the better is my opinion.
There isn't just one page for UT3 / HL2 / Q4 / W3 models and maps either, so why not try it?
It may also be a way for ESF to get known by some people that might find the page, so if ESF wins some extra players that way it's great in my opinion.

So please stop telling me ESF-world is coming back, cause (you might have noticed) i know that by now.
I'm just looking for people that might let me host some of their content.
Maybe ESF-world could use some external mirrors too when they are back, who knows.

Just trying to help the community out in my own kind of way.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
-_-' Like i said a million times: I'm not planning on creating a second ESF-world.
And I never said that you were trying to make a new ESF-World. You mentioned that you wanted to make a website until ESF-World returns, and I'm telling you that by the time you get some of your files up, ESF-World will most likely be up and running again.

Best answers
And I never said that you were trying to make a new ESF-World. You mentioned that you wanted to make a website until ESF-World returns, and I'm telling you that by the time you get some of your files up, ESF-World will most likely be up and running again.
Well sorry then, my bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom