Another Deminsion

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that would also work for like a last man standing match...

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the idea is cool, it's just that it wouldn't be fun

Best answers
This idea would be great if they implemented it into the right gameplay mode. I'm not sure how the capture the dragonballs mode works because I've never played it, but I think it should work a little like this:

-The game is divided up into 2 teams which I think, with this gameplay mode, would best fit good vs evil characters (as in, the show's good vs evil characters. Like you can't have buu on the "good" side) since in the show, the bad guys want the dragonballs for ultimate power and the z fighters try to stop them. Anyway...

-Each player has 1 life, but powerlevels should start off especially low in this mode making it harder to kill people at the start of the match (in other words, there shouldn't be one hit kills).

-The game is seperated into rounds, the round is over when a team captures all seven dragonballs and uses one of there wishes to win the round.

-The team with the most "round wins" in the end wins the "game".

-When a player dies, he is sent to other world (king kai's planet if you are on the good side, and in hell if you were on the bad side). In otherworld, the players can choose to fight each other in their dimension (good vs good, bad vs bad) to raise their powerlevel so when they get wished back, they return more powerful than before, or they can spectate the game if they want. Each player in otherworld is only allowed 1 communication with the living, which they can use to help out their team in locating a dragonball, cheering them on, or telling them to please wish you back you have the highest PL, etc. If you are the only one dead at the time you can train versus bots (assuming decent bots are made for ESF, if not, then we can figure something else out).

-When a team captures all 7 dragonballs, the person who has all 7 can make 3 wishes, but must make them quickly because the other team will still want to kill the "wisher" and take the dragonballs for themselves. Wishes include the following: You can use a wish to wish someone back from otherworld. There should be a list of each player on their team who is currently dead next to a number, and the wisher just presses the hotkey to make that wish come true. The other choice is to wish to win the round. There is a catch though, whoever is dead, remains dead from round to round, so, if you are in dire need of more help on your team, it might be wiser in the long run to use all three wishes to wish three team members back instead of using only two for dead members and one for the win. If the "wisher" does not wish for the win, the dragon will disapear and the dragonballs will appear in random spots again and the round will continue. You might think it would be boring in otherworld, but if you have someone else with you dead, you can just fight with each other just as if you were in a deathmatch game, raising your powerlevel so when you get wished back, you can surprise everyone with your power. Also, powerlevels should raise quicker in otherworld than they would in the normal dimension. If someone is dead over the course of many rounds, just imagine how powerful he would be when he would be wished back. I think it would really add a nice twist to the gameplay.

Any comments on this new gameplay concept? (I think its new)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont think it should be whoever gets all the dragonballs first and makes a wish should win.. i think it should be when the other team is all killed, so making the wish of restoring a dead chacter would work.. if you win just by getting the dragon balls, what's the point of wishin sum1 back?

Best answers
Like I said, people who are dead remain dead from round to round, so wishing people back at the end of rounds gives you a better chance of winning the next round.

Best answers
And yes, when a team is wiped the other team wins the round, but maybe it could be like if you wish the round to be over the team gets 3 points and if you kill everyone the team gets 1 point, to further encourage going for the dragonballs instead of it turning into a team deathmatch. If a team is wiped out though, the players in otherworld return the next round retaining the powerlevel they earned in otherworld so they didn't waste their time.

Best answers
its agood idea as long as when you die you dont watch everyone fight like cs ;(

ultrassj_vegeta

U
i hate being spectactor... its crap.. like some cheap guy kills u in the bak.... and hten u sit there for ages.. coz some noobs keep running away from each other....... sooo anooying... as long as u go to another dimension and wait.. i guess thats good.. and the maps are open so it wudn take too long... ppl wudn run around lookin for each other.... so it shud be sweet as..... sweeet suggestion man

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The DB's get collected fairly quickly. So it probably won't work to make it the first to collect them wins.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is really just a little modified version of King Of The Hill mode only that this "Other Dimension" is like a waiting room for the losers, and they can fight it out in there. But there is like alot of things you have to consider like that when the losers are fighting each other there PL shouldnt go up as thats an unfair advantage. Also i dont think it would kill the map size that much if they added a little room.

BrunO

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tis a very sweet idea and wudent take much werk (me thinks)... cud it be done team?

Best answers
I think it is a must to have their powerlevels go up in otherworld, because the living's powerlevels are going up as well. So if they get wished back, it would suck to be so behind in powerlevel. Instead your powerlevel should be higher so you at least get something for waiting so long in otherworld, and its payback time! And if the dragonballs seem to be getting gathered fairly quickly, then maybe it could just be a "last team standing" game. Heres the rules:

-Starts out the same as my previous suggestion about low powerlevels at the start.

-Teams spawn on opposite sides of the map out of view of each other so they cannot start shooting right away. Dragonballs appear on the map scattered. Players have 1 life.

-When you die you go to otherworld to train like i said before.

-The round is over when the a team is killed. If the dragonballs are gathered you can wish three people back from otherworld to help out your team. When a round is over, the next round begins everyone respawned back at their bases, with the players from otherworld respawned as living as well, with their powerlevels they earned in otherworld retained. The rest of the players will have their powerlevels retained as well.

-The dragonballs must be collected and brought to the same place (the teams base maybe?). So if one player collected 4 and another collects 3, they must both bring the dragonballs to the same place to "bring them together".

This scenario takes the basis of the game away from collecting dragonballs but just using them as a new twist for a "last team standing" type match. Collecting dragonballs should be well worth the effort, because I think that powerleveling should be faster in otherworld so when you collect all the dragonballs and make your wishes, you get much needed help to win the round. Is this better than my last game mode?

Best answers
As to the otherworld/afterlife, since the room is going to have to
be pretty small (yes?) is it possible to disable all but melee
(and maybe generic ki) attacks for people in the room?

This would prevent players from repeatedly killing everyone in the
afterlife with one fully charged attack and give people a chance to
really use the melee system. It seems to me that the melee
system usually falls by the wayside in ESF because of the
distance ki blasts allows opponents to keep from each other.

Additionally, the majority of the King Kai training appeared to be
physical, so it'd be pretty true to the show. (No, I haven't
forgotten the Kaio Ken or the Genki Dama/SB, but c'mon; chasing a monkey??!?)

As to the space needed for the "Afterlife", I'm guessing the room could be placed *under* the main map. Since the scale down, the vertical potential of the maps is probably greater than what is needed for a good map. Is that true, guys?

I like this idea, especially the resurrection wish part. Could it be
done so that in the afterlife, team members could *kill* each
other to raise PL? That could help them train up together, and
since there's no where else to go from the afterlife, it would just
be like a lost sparring match.

Best answers
so overall my idea is a good one!!! :D thanks guys i really like what you guys are doing

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Cucumba!
The DB's get collected fairly quickly. So it probably won't work to make it the first to collect them wins.
exactly.. just kil the other team to win, just like counter strikE.. the dragon balls should aide, so that when u use it, if u want u can wish back dead players.. then every1 respawn beginning like counter strike

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
when u get the bds, u shud either be able to:
a) wish back players
b) wish to be more powerful
c) u tell me

Best answers
1) Wish to bring back players (possible of 3 wishes total in this category)
2) Wish to bring up everyone's powerlevel who is alive 10% on your team. (possible of 2 wishes total)
3) Wish to bring up your powerlevel 25%. (possible of 2 wishes total)
4) Wish for an extra life (possible of 1 wish total)

These are the only things I can think of at the moment to be wishes for this mode, and of course the percentages could be changed, I just threw out a rough number. Any other ideas for wishes?

Banned
Banned
Best answers
Originally posted by Hiro
goddamn your a loser

you kiss ass to all the forum admins and the team

I swear to god your lame
Try to curb it a little..got it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom