Alternate Costumes

Best answers
Every player should have 2 costumes (ex. Goku has a regular and then maybe add a battle damaged.) (Vegeta regular and then add without armor)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmm, this is actually not a bad idea and it can be done!

Here's my 2 cents:

The clothing/armor should change on a character IF there is a duplicate character in the server currently.

What I mean is this; say A is Goku, B joins the server and chooses Goku. Player B's clothing will be different than Player A's.

Similar things have been done in mods like TEAM FORTRESS CLASSIC, INTERNATIONAL ONLINE SOCCER, and RICOCHET.

Best answers
That would mean that modelers would need to make 2 versions of every character and 2 versions of ever trans!! Thats not a bad idea but modelers wouldn't go for it. Unless you make it like tell you if there are 2 options available and if there aren't then it wont apear!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No they wouldn't.

One model can have multiple skins (Likes TFC only has one set of models, yet TFC has 4 team colors.)

Here's an example from IOS (International Online Soccer) - Pay attention to the drop-down box labeled SKIN# at the bottom.

Best answers
But he said ex. goku ---> battle damage and vegeta ---> no armor
Those require 2 models. Unless you just want to change the skin... boring. And it wouldn't be true to the show.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh well, I didn't really read his post very well...but what do you think about my idea?

:D

Best answers
It would be cool, but it would make much sense... i mean Vegeta wearing like red? or maybe goku wearing pink or purple? Funny if you ask me and it wouldn't be true to the show.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You must also remember that this is a game, also perhaps the option could be togglable by servr admins

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
red and green diamonds... OMG!!

in tfc the players on the same team and the same class look exactly the same.
in cs the players with the same skin look the same.
and in ESF when a player picks goku, he's going to look like goku... simple as that... adding more skins is pointless.

as for battle damage... the game is too fast paced to sit and stare at your new skin when you get below a certain health. again, useless additions.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's not the point. The idea is to differentiate same-class players on their own team.

So it doesn't look like "Clone Wars"

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
been suggested b4
think about it for a sec - its not really needed!
usually im all for good and bad suggestions but think about it:
most of the esf gameplay is based on meelee or beams and thats it!
I dont beam some1 from 1 inches distance now dont I?
and meelee=mostly swoops and I cant swoop to some1 from very close
now the new meelee system would be a close one but if you really care which
player you are fighting use the *unfixed radar or use mix mod radar to show the
name of the one you are fighting right now!

(*unfixed radar=I mean this: http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=37932 )

and thats my 2 cents!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A lot of things aren't needed. This is just a suggestion to add a bit of variety in the game.

Suggestions don't have to be vital and ground breaking >.>

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yea an alternate wordrobe would be kinda cool for the characters. its not alot of work to do the skins, but as others will say. its not needed and it will take too long to do all the player models' extra skins. =/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No it wouldn't, all they would need to do is simple recoloring. The only part that would take time would be selecting the areas for recoloring.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yea i likd your idea, about the player duplicating. but i think team evil goku's would get a different skin than the good team ones. much like the good/evil skins in alpha 2.0. i suggested that before and of course 97% of the posters said the usual.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I was thinking that too, like normal colors for good and negative colors for evil or something.

But, I think, now that we have the whole diamond thing, one set of skins is fine (No need to invert the colors for evil team, just have different color costumes for duplicates no matter what team)

Best answers
I would say sumthing like having a normal vegeta model folder and a battle damaged vegeta folder and then when he has lowered HP (About 30 or 20) then the normal vegeta would trans into battle damaged

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom