Alone.... speedpaint

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah its a speed paint, which i didnt wanna take any further >_< kinda sucks but its my first of the kind, took about 20-25mins :s

Best answers
<3
<3
<3

(I like it, see nothing with it... good job)

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Amazing David... what else could I have expected?

Best answers
Grasping emotion the way you did here is a skill that many can never understand.. Simply outstanding. No crits at all, frame this on your wall and remember the day you drew this.

*edit* Wow, i really wanted to add a crit but every time i take a second look at the drawing i slap myself. My general crit was to make the alley slightly interesting with maybe a ripped up newspaper, or an old magazine of some sort.. Just something to make the alley look more textured.

Best answers
Another one that sends me the vibes you feel very alone and secluded from everyone.

Your work really pours out emotion, good work.

Best answers
You need more hugs Dave.

Speedpaints are great exercises, I need to do more to free myself from a chronic need to draw guidelines for everything. As a whole I think you did a great job. For the future lay down those flat slabs of lighting and shading early so you don't get caught with lighting inconsistencies. There's some wierdness on the arms. I'd also like to see you artuclate those backgrounds more. Think about perspective as well. Really good for only 20 minutes though, I have to chisel most of my drawings out of rock so I don't even know if I could do that. Stick with it man, do one or two a day and I guarantee you will get better.

Best answers
Sorry Dave, no crits at all ^_^' Simply amazing and full of emotion, good job!

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol why is vegeta there :p?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:eek:

as always, teh wubble ubble flubble good work,

i do have a crit mind... /shock
i love it all, but the wall/floor has no contrast between eachother, it wouldnt hurt to make them differ either in a different brightness, style (like brickwork on walls or a pavement-esque floor)

i know its minor, but i had to try painfully hard to nitpick somthing out of it, i must! \o/

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn good work, that paint job says so much (I'm actually a bit of an abstract art fan). The floor and walls are too similar though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom