Alexander

Best answers
How was the movie to you guys? Did you like it? I liked it, pretty good movie, but what pissed me off is the girl i was with, her brother came and he was driving, so he wanted to leave, so i got up to the last battle and after the movie worked its way up to this last battle, all i got to see was them standing in a line and then i was torn away from the screen. LOL. Anyways, what are your thoughts on this movie.

Best answers
I havent watched it, but im irritaded by the fact that Alexander is portrayed as a homosexual.
Plus they make it look that Macedonia and Greece are different. Macedonians are Greeks. And they have absolutely no affilation to the "Macedonians" (FYROM) of today.

Best answers
I havent seen it, but my friend went and said it was terrible, he described it as one big homo fest This dissapoints me being a history major, cuz i like ancient history, oh well back to spartacus for me

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I liked it. My girlfriend loved it, she likes that ancient history stuff.

The movie was not a big homofest. He was bi-sexual, and it was very plausible. At the time, woman were opressed, and treated badly. Most people thought that to sleep with on was to bring yourself to a low level. So must of them married a female, inorder to reproduce and such, but had *** lovers too.

Best answers
Texas said:
I havent watched it, but im irritaded by the fact that Alexander is portrayed as a homosexual.
Plus they make it look that Macedonia and Greece are different. Macedonians are Greeks. And they have absolutely no affilation to the "Macedonians" (FYROM) of today.
I believe in true history he was bisexual...plus he has sex with his wife in the movie...

*Edit - didn't read owas post.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"Alexander," Oliver Stone's three-hour screen biography of Alexander the Great, is epic in scale but not epic in spirit, a wallow in carnage that fails to demonstrate what was so great about this conqueror, after all. It intersperses scenes of slaughter with scenes of Alexander, either exhorting his troops to kill yet more people or sulking because he's misunderstood. It becomes monotonous."

I agree. Yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom