Air Jordan? Try Kobe "Acquitted" Bryant

With the current change of events, do you still believe that Kobe Bryant is guilty?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I don't know

• Total voters
brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1872740

Kobe Bryant's legal drama may soon be over.

ABC News is reporting Wednesday afternoon that the prosecution in the Bryant case will ask the judge later in the day to dismiss the case with prejudice, meaning the case cannot ever be brought back for trial. According to the report, the accuser has told prosecutors she is no longer willing to testify.

The trial is set to resume at 7:45 p.m. ET. A news conference, originally scheduled for 7 p.m. ET, was not held.

NBC News was reporting that the request for dismissal would be without prejudice, meaning a future trial would be possible. ESPN legal analyst Roger Cossack, however, told ESPNews that it would be unlikely for a judge to grant that request after more than a year of pre-trial hearings and the start of jury selection.

Even if the criminal charges are dropped, Bryant still faces a civil suit that was filed by his accuser earlier this summer.

The news of the case's possible end comes on the heels of Bryant's defense attorneys filing for dismissal earlier Wednesday, saying prosecutors have refused to turn over details that could suggest he is innocent.

Court rules require prosecutors and defense attorneys to exchange evidence and witness opinions before trial, a process called discovery.

In a motion made public Wednesday, defense attorneys said a forensics expert whom prosecutors had planned to call as a witness had information that "undermined the accuser's allegations and the prosecution's case, and corroborated Mr. Bryant's defense on a central issue -- the cause and significance of the accuser's alleged injuries."

The filing said those opinions were not disclosed to the defense until they contacted the expert Friday, despite repeated requests to prosecutors for the information.

"A person's life and liberty are at stake," the defense attorneys wrote. "The game of hide-the-ball, find-it-if-you-can discovery is intolerable. This court must vindicate Mr. Bryant's constitutional rights and impose meaningful sanctions against the prosecution."

Even I saw this coming, the real issue being a civil one (i.e money demanded for emotional and physical damages)

If anything, the girl has turned on her prosecution team, who have spent a whole year preparing the case, it basically just being her testimony though. She probably knew beforehand that the criminal case would go downhill fast, planning to make this manuever in the first place. I don't know, but this a new low for goldiggers... trying to frame the next Michael Jordan.

I added the poll to see what you all thought at this point, hoping you guys would also share your opinion on the case.

Best answers
I dont care, but no. He made a mistake but I dont think he raped her or w/e is the charge.

Best answers
No hes not gulity i think the girl just wants money and attention...

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That post only tells half of the story. We all are well aware of the bull**** she went on during this case. The judge and everyone else who ****ed up and let out all of that information should be fired. If you ask me, someone was being paid to leak information and ruin that girl's life. Before all of this crap started happening I thought Kobe was innocent to, but it's just too peculiar to me. 3 screw ups one after the other that caused that girl to be tracked down and sent death threats and everything else. I'd drop the charges too, I don't want to get attacked by some fan that wants me dead because I sent kobe to jail. It's really starting to sound to me like Kobe slipped someone some money to make sure they ****ed up.

Best answers
wow... mod cursing :p

i think she was a gold digging rhymes with itch. but, even today people lie so much to be famous and the famous being mysteriously protected the whole system is messed up.

Best answers
why the hell would kobe bryant need to rape a woman?

case closed!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom