After Death

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe in rebirth - in that we come back as something else after we die, though not always as a human. Further, I don't see death as an absolute end but rather the end of an old form. And I don't see birth as an absolute beginning but rather the beginning of a new form. Birth and death are nothing more nor less than transitions (for the lack of a better word) between forms.

(Let me just add that reincarnation and rebirth are not the same thing. Simply put, reincarnation involves the soul while rebirth does not. However, it's a little more complicated than that.)

In regards to the existence of a soul, I don't believe it exists.

As for Heaven or Hell, I don't believe they nor anything similar exist. Primarily because I don't believe that living things have an eternal soul.

I don't believe in the existence of God or anything similar, but I don't deny the possibility that such a being exists. However, if such a being does exist, it's nothing like how religions portray it.

ssj_paul said:
Or, how much percent of the brain do humans use?
Humans use 100% their brains unless they suffered any form of trauma that has caused permanent damage.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MC said:
I don't believe in the existence of God or anything similar, but I don't deny the possibility that such a being exists. However, if such a being does exist, it's nothing like how religions portray it.
True!

MC said:
Humans use 100% their brains unless they suffered any form of trauma that has caused permanent damage.
That's true as well! (i wanted to say about our capacity to learn).

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My point is:
How do you explain geniuses? (Albert Einstein for example).

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Geniuses are a product of their environment, including how their parents raise them, their personality and their dedication to whatever it is they're awesome at or general sheer hard work. They're not using more of their brain, and they're not tapping into magic regions. Anyone is capable of being a genius. You just need to get them while they're young.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What Nixanthros said.
You kinda compared a rainbow to a pot of gold at the end of each one

( that's not a very good pun! :( )

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nixanthros said:
Geniuses are a product of their environment, including how their parents raise them, their personality and their dedication to whatever it is they're awesome at or general sheer hard work. They're not using more of their brain, and they're not tapping into magic regions. Anyone is capable of being a genius. You just need to get them while they're young.
On most of the cases it's true but there are some that are more gifted than the others!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ssj_paul said:
On most of the cases it's true but there are some that are more gifted than the others!
Which also has nothing to do with using mysterious parts of the brain. We use 100% of our brain; just not all at the same time.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then I don't know what you're getting at by bringing up geniuses/savants/people with exceptional skills.

!

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That there are two types of geniuses:
-the genius of hard work;
-the genius that is born a genius;

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ssj_paul said:
And......? I'm just going to go back to saying neither is due to someone using hidden parts of the brain unless you elaborate. If you want, you could say they're geniuses because they, on a subconscious level, remember the lessons they learned from their last life and are continuing to build on the foundation they created over the last few lifetimes.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ssj_paul said:
Wow did you take that from Naruto? Anyways IMO the reason why some people are more "genius" than others
is caused by their upbringing, personality and environment. (while their personality is most likely caused ba their upbringing and environment, iwth some part being genetics)

Yea, we use 100% of our brain, just we don't use our visual cortex for processing sound, just as much as your sound card doesn't participate in rendering jpegs.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
welp since everyone is talking about genius in the brain... lets not forget DNA..

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You want to discuss Genius? Make a new topic.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qXUMV5BapEU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qXUMV5BapEU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

We usually only experience so much.. during this life.. i think there is much more then we realize out there

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CVhdJnhxh9U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CVhdJnhxh9U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m-1pfA6Jx2g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m-1pfA6Jx2g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom