Advertisments in CS

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The reason people are so pissed is because we already paid for the game. To add advertisements is like another tax. They got money from us, and now they want to push products on us to make more money.

Frankly I think it's bull****. I already paid around 70 bucks for the entire HL2 package, and now I have to deal with in-game ads? People don't buy consoles expecting to have advertisement stickers on their PS3 or Wii. And I didn't buy HL2 thinking I'd have to see ads in-game.
As said before, they only show you that you can buy a new PSP game for example. They do not force you to buy that PSP game. When I walk around here in Holland, I see countless different ads for all kinds of stuff. But I have yet to buy something because I saw a particular ad.

So they pushing you to buy another product is bull**** as you don't even have to watch the ads. When I am playing CS or another game of that sort. I do not even have the time to watch ads as I am playing a game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can't compare it to them putting commercials in the middle of the movie. You can compare it to subtle ads during the movie. Maybe a billboard or a type of phone everyone uses. Since that's exactly what it's like, it's nothing to get frustrated at.
But that annoys the hell out of me too. See "Blade: Trinity" and it's shameless Ipod plug montage for a good reason why....

Xenon

X
Personally, I don't want the immersion to be killed by an ingame advertisement. It's bull**** what they're doing, and just about every sane gamer knows it. Pepsi ads in Battlefield 2142 are a good example. I can't stand it when I'm blasting away at people, truly immersed into the game, and I turn around to see a pepsi ad staring me in the face, like a ****ing demon. Not only does it kill the immersion, it completely kills the fun.

But some will say that it doesn't bother them, and I say more power to those people. But the majority of gamers are annoyed by this, and with good reason.

Best answers
As long as they work at keeping the adds at least somewhat in context its fine with me. I don't think ads would be out of place on many CS maps, and i'd much rather see some tasteful adds than pay monthly for CS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom