Advanced dust effects

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
[video=youtube;HlxsaA0uz24]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlxsaA0uz24[/video]

So what im wondering is it possible to impant those similar dust effects into ESF 1.3 final. I know ESF already has some dust effects, when transforming, when ki blasts hit the ground and recently we saw the clash dust effects. So what im wondering is it possible to have more of these dust effects, maybe smoother motion to it?

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Character model aside that video was awesomesauce.

As for the dust effects, I highly doubt it considering they seem extremely resource intensive. People should be able to play the game without breaking their bank. Engine limitation might play a part in that too.

The devs will be able to give a better answer.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That video was great. From dust effects to models and fighting moves. That power up dust circle gathering slowly was kick ass.
I don't know how much can be done with ESF's current particle system but someone from the team can answer that.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We can do what ever we want with it. The issue is making it look good, while keeping it from eating up your FPS.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I like that quite a bit. The animations were very good, smooth, and realistic, IMHO. The only quarrel I have with it is the cell model. And that's only my opinion. You did nothing wrong; I'm just horrendously picky when it comes to 3d replications of anime characters. ^_^

And as for the dust effects - they looked amazing. There's practically no argument there. It was really well done; it was detailed, it looked like it had proper physics and everything. I am impressed.

Also, the ground cracked. That was 100% amazing. :D

So are the dust effects simulated, or are they animated before hand?

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A balance between the two it seems. I'm sure that with a little ingenuity cool stuff can be pulled off.

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I like that quite a bit. The animations were very good, smooth, and realistic, IMHO. The only quarrel I have with it is the cell model. And that's only my opinion. You did nothing wrong; I'm just horrendously picky when it comes to 3d replications of anime characters. ^_^

And as for the dust effects - they looked amazing. There's practically no argument there. It was really well done; it was detailed, it looked like it had proper physics and everything. I am impressed.

Also, the ground cracked. That was 100% amazing. :D

So are the dust effects simulated, or are they animated before hand?
I didn't make that, i just pulled the video from youtube to explain it better. Lol

Though the video is not about the model, it's more a showcase of combat animations, dust, vapor effects.

So for your question if the dust effects are simulated or are they animated before hand i cannot answer that, becuase i don't know. lol

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I like it all, helps you feel the power in the hits. Although there are some parts with alot of dust (Ki explosions), a little less would be perfect so you can still see.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Doing it in max and doing it live are two very different things. You won't see FX of that type in hardly any games today. What you'd need to do a lot of what you see there is fully implement a complete physics suite like PhysX And I mean bring all it's modules into play. That takes a ton of dedicated GPU (CPU power if you're not running nvidia) power. Not everyone is packing GTX 780s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom