Admin-Mod/Metamod

Best answers
ok then i use on 3110 not 3110a but i rekon they should make it campable

Best answers
Ok Link available

On 3110a there is a missing libary

Hm should I splitt the linux version into a tar.gz ?
My distro have no problems with a zip, so I think this is not important

Best answers
:) But the damn f***ing L00nix one wont work Zack I and LoD do our best to get this to work :yes:

But until that wedo only one thing *headonthetablebang* O_O O_O O_O

Best answers
lol i'd like that someone with a linux server test the linux .so file, because the .so file works on my server but doesn't on the cx2 server :confused:
oh .. and it works with all hlds version :p (i use 3111c now)

Best answers
If someone managed it to set up a linux dedicated server with that on the I-NEt please report it here.

Best answers
Thanks ZacK248, it seems to work fine on my windows server :). I can't try it on Linux cos I don't know much about it and don't really have a need to learn how to use it, unless in the furture I get a new case so I can put my old motherboard in then install a linux distro on it :]

I missed admin mod and I hate using rcon, so I am really pleased you made an effort to update it yourself (I have no clue about coding).

Best answers
well .. thx but i didn't that much, win32 compiling was quite easy i just had to add 3ents and then i compiled it with visual studio (the author added a project file :))
for linux i had no problem too but i don't really know if it works that's why i need someone to report if that runs on his linux server :cry:

Best answers
The linux version works with my redhat 9 server and zacks mandrake 9.1 with 3110.

But not at our gameserver [i ask my company what for a distro they have tomorrow]

Best answers
i use 3111c now but it doesn't matter
edit: well .. i had nothing to do so i've done a pack for win32 and linux with the 'new' metamod, adminmod beta 2.50.53 and amxmod 0.9.4-rc4
default plugins are installed (excepted the tfc/cs ones) .. so the antifloods plugins for both amx/adminmod are in and work
adminmod and amx works together but if you want to unactivate one edit your esf\addons\metamod\plugins.ini
if you want to keep your server.cfg and listenserver.cfg or if you plan to uninstall adminmod don't extract the server.cfg and listenserver.cfg included in the zip file
it works (perfectly) on win32 but on linux i still can't test but it should work (i included .so files and settings in .ini)
here is the link: http://mrocha.free.fr/metamod/adminmod-amx-package.zip
edit2:i just noticed it will crash if you have an empty mapcycle.txt so i included it in the pack

Best answers
Hey I wanted to have to only server with amx 0.9.4.

Evil Zack *hust* :devgrin:

Best answers
yes i wanted to have amx 0.9.4. becuase i love that one

Best answers
I got motivated and began my work on Metamod as well.

What were the three ent's that were missing from the list?

I'd rather compile it myself. :)

Best answers
Originally posted by ZacK248
i added 3 ents. to the source code: weapon_renzoku weapon_sword and weapon_kametorpedo
you can compile it yourself but it won't change anything o_O

Best answers
Ah, I didn't see that.. hmm, won't change? How so?

[Edit: Attempting a MM compile now with the list of ents I've got form the DLL.]

Best answers
Oh, well I'm sure, but I should stress to any administrator that compiling your own fresh MM is the safest way when you're responsible for a server. Security-wise though, I'm sure your compiled versions are safe, but I like to be 100% sure with our servers. :)

If anyone needs a quick linux view on compiling, ask a question or two here and I'll see how much of it I can answer. (I'm not quite the guru of it yet, heh)

Best answers
So far so good, I changed to g++ to compile instead of gcc and it seems to behave better.

Now my problem is hlds loads metamod, then craps out w/o an error message. [Server Died, no debug logs] (Unlike gcc, which just gave undefined symbols instead.)

pfft, oh well.. I'll keep hacking at it.

[Actually, it seems regular MM does the same.. so then, I wonder what it could be..]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom