Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no thkz, nice idea, but i dont think it should be added

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Justin's Doodles..

Put some thought into this one. This is basically, the basic figure. I've already erased the guidence lines and went over it in pen. I still need to do some kind of shadowing. I might make it look real contrasty. I dun know why, but I have a picture of it in my head and the turnout looks quite appealing. ^^ Also, I'm going to add a backround. Most likely just shadows.

Overall, this was about maybe 30 minutes over work((Somewhere around there o.0)).

By the way, I apologize to those who have seen my other **** that I've doodled in class.

EDIT: I changed the name.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this is ***er.

Just kidding. I like it :), looks alot better then your other one. (this ones a guy, right? o_o)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Kaination said:
this is ***er.

Just kidding. I like it :), looks alot better then your other one. (this ones a guy, right? o_o)
Yes, its a guy.
Once again, I apologize to those who burned their eyes out of their sockets by seeing my other doodle. >.>

EDIT: I'll start again on it tomarrow. I'm goin' to bed now.

Best answers
Now this looks better. It has alot more to it than that doodle shehe you drew.
His face looks a bit wierd to me, I think that overall the head has a bad perspective.
The hips went a bit wrong as they seem to sink in when you look at the top of the pants (right side).
I like the way you drew the wings (feathers are a ***** to draw, at least to me).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmm buddy you got style :) me likes your skills , you may should use it for some cg art :)

nway the only thing is the head:

-forehead abit to way to front

and the forarms are to long cuz if you would add the hands (wich got the same size as the face) he would just be to long ..

if you would fix those few not big mistakes you could do a kickass cg art of it :) (means using color and color it) ;)

if ya´r interested in doing some coloring tell me :) you even can contact me there for (check my profile)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Well, its kind of too late to fix mistakes in the proportions.. Ah well.
I assume you have experience with CG'ing, then, eh Tryforce? ^-^ Well, I guess I'll also make a version with anime shadows as well. :3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeh i got some experience in cg ;)

nway fell fre to contact me :)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Well, I just got in a ****load of trouble. So, thats the reason for the delay of the updates. Anywho, I'm having trouble with the shadows for the anime version I mensioned earlier. The contrasted one is already complete, although, I don't want to have plugin the scanner as well to leave more traces of evidence. o___O I'll eventually bribe my father to 'reason', my mother into thinking of putting my computer, that I bought, back into my room. Well, I must be off.

@ Tryforce - Heh, as you wish.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It reminds me of that one time at that one place on that one day with that one guy with wings who flew toward the sun and his wings melted off. That'd be totally sweet! The face looks kind of diagonal? like \ if you get what I'm saying. Other than that, i like everything else :)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Well, I lost my angel drawing.. It'll come up eventually though.. x____x

Anywho.. Just to show that I actually have been up to something.. I did something about 30 seconds ago.

Its art for my Gaia character.. I haven't made one in ages so I thought I'd whip something up. Obviously, its a WIP. I'm gonna finish it tomarrow most likely, I have the rest of the week off. ^-^ In other words, update soon..

Best answers
Well I must say that as it is it dosent look too promising, but let's see what comes out of it when it's finished.
For starters I think the face is way too round.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Ah well.. Looking over this thread, and others, I've come to realize that my artwork is terrible, in which case showing my work to others just is simply unwanted. So, without further ado, could someone close this please?

Best answers
Well, before this thread is closed I'll say I think you are taking critizisim more into heart than what it's meant. I think I can speak for all when I say the critizisim given wasnt meant to state your artwork as terrible, it was given to help. At least mine was.
Critizism isnt always what you'd like to hear, but it makes you realize where you need to do better next time.
You need improvement, yes, you can't expect to be born perfect. Because nobody is. It all comes from practice.

But anyhow, posting artwork or not is your own decission.
Yet I hope it dosent stop you from drawing. If that is what you really like doing keep it up.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I must say, it you started nicely with the drawing at the top, the proportions are a little off, but it was a nice image and the wings really help the composition. The latest drawing is okay, you layed out the construction but the proportions are off a lot worse than the first drawing, you should look at www.howtodrawmanga.com tutorials or www.saveloomis.org if you really want to look into proportions.

I'd really suggest that you dont close this... criticism will make you better, if you dont get any your progress will most likely slow... most likely. Anyhows, i hope to see more of your work keep it up.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is no such thing as "unwanted" artwork. You post here, and we're going to crit: whether or not you ask us to. Why? Because we are trying to help.

The second drawing you posted is too little to crit from, the face looks fine if that's how you want it to look. It's hard to crit work like this because we have nothing to base it off of. Your choice though.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Well.. If you say so.
I decided not to finish the most recent one. The proportions were indeed horrible. I also drew up my Gaia character in a whole different kind of perspective.

I ****ed the hair a bit though.. x_x Drawovers wanted. Especially for the horns..
And David, I have read up my share of 'how to draw manga'. ><

Best answers
I think you should erase the inside of the horns completely and look up for some kind of "horn texture" to base your drawing on. Also the fact that you see the hair line behind them isnt helping much. Those horns are just quite sloppy. The hands need work, the fingers are deformed (hands are a ***** to draw, really).
You should try to finish completely a drawing, with the most details you can, or at least a character, dosent have to have any kind of background. You'll get the best out of it as you practice and you will get more decent critizising to take learnings from.
One thing I do like about this last one is the expression on his eyes.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Yeah.. Well, moving on.
I just took my 'How to draw MANGA' book out of one of my drawers, so I'm going to be reading up in that. Expect updates.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heh, my ex (real life gf) hangs out at gaia xD such a loser...

anyway, the one thing i think most of your pictures is lacking is a sense of perspective. its hard to tell whats in the fore/mid/backgrounds. also, you need to rework your head drawings. remember theres a skull under the hair, and the hair cant be the same size as the skull.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Holy ****.. Major improvement in such a short time. o.o

The first few are when I drew just looking at the pictures, I went back and read, and then I drew the bottom three.

Practicing perspectives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom