Active Wallpaper

Best answers
I was browsing through some sites and i found this.

Its some persons desktop. Reading on a bit i found out that he/she/it was using an active desktop to get it so that that they could run a webpage as thier background. From this they have links to programs on thier pc so they could click on one of these links and a Folder/Program would open.
Thinking to myself that this was pretty cool i googled and i googled but i couldnt find how to get a program to open, using HTML, when i clicked on a link. I dont know much about web design so im assuming that this person used HTML to get this effect.
Anyone here know how i can get this effect, coz i would like to try to design a wallpaper where i could open stuff by clicking on certain parts and google a search right off the wallpaper itself. And before people say "WTF u have shortcut icons to open programs" and "Open a web browser to google" ... i think it looks a lot neater and not to mention cooler to have that Active desktop thing.

Best answers
Dude, thats freakin awesome.

according to a buddy o mine, you use (a href "path to program.exe">text</a>) same way you use a hyperlink. seems pretty easy, i think im gonna make my own, tell ya how it goes.

Best answers
what your friend said would just link you to the file, and since browsers dont know what to do w/ exe files, it will just ask if you want to open it w/ something or save it to disk

Best answers
Thx SaiyanPrideXIX for info. Its pretty good :shocked: , I got the trial version for now. Oh Click'ety Click Click on my desktop :laff:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a little annoying to manage, honestly. You have to go through this annoying process of making new shortcut graphics over and over; it's not smart enough to convert your icons on your desktop or anything like that. But it is a great little program because it uses MUCH less memory than explorer.exe does; helps with games.

When you play ESF, note how much faster steam will load up, or UT2k4 as another good example.

It LOOKS like that guy might be using a particular combination of Aston and Active Desktop, cause the links off on the side don't look like anything I've seen Aston do (unless he made photoshop graphics for each of his sectional headers).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom