about 1.2

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok. i have a question for 1.2
how is the melee system going to work. i mean i dont get it... right now i hate the melee system because of howing. for 1.2 say 2 characters swoop at each other... how do you know if your going to get the auto attack or if they are. is it going to be the same as it is now. is it going to be who ever has more ki. because i find that very ***.
the way i see it as of now im not liking the new melee system thats comming out. i like it more now that you have that bubble thing... but i still dont like it... not if whats going on in my mind is how its going to be... plus. what if you want to knock them accross the map... say you want to confuse them and hit them accross the map... then throw a few punches and kicks... what then... and how are you going to be able to fight more that one person??? right now i can fight 2vs1 easily. what about when 1.2 comes out... will it just be 1 on 1. and what about combos. you know how there are the combos now like hitting them up then down etc... what about when 1.2 comes out...
and one more thing. what about lag. you say you have ways to reduce the lag... how are you going to reduce the lag when you are putting in more animations and stuff.... not just that... but what about the current models some people have now. they arent the orriginals... so that means they wont be able to perform the animations and stuff... if you could enlighten me that'd be great. and plz dont give me some reply that doesnt answer my question. if you dont have an answer plz dont reply. simple as that

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chris109 said:
ok. i have a question for 1.2
how is the melee system going to work. i mean i dont get it... right now i hate the melee system because of howing.
Well read the Archives section and scroll down to "More Melee Goodness..."/"Advanced Melee... Who? Wha? I don't get it!" to get information on 1.2 melee. This outlines everything except the swoop has changed (now it is double tap) and now you can do knockbacks as well as autopunches.

Chris109 said:
for 1.2 say 2 characters swoop at each other... how do you know if your going to get the auto attack or if they are. is it going to be the same as it is now. is it going to be who ever has more ki. because i find that very ***.
There are two things you can do while swooping, either hold nothing or hold secondary fire (holding nothing is called autopunches and holding secondary fire is called a 'knockback'). Well FreeDom said that if two people go head on this is what happens:

Knockback vs Knockback
Both players hit each other and go flying back

Autopunch vs Autopunch
A melee struggle (similar to a powerstruggle) starts

Knockback vs Autopunch
Well this wasn't specified so if Joe could come here and clarify this it would be great.

Chris109 said:
the way i see it as of now im not liking the new melee system thats comming out. i like it more now that you have that bubble thing... but i still dont like it... not if whats going on in my mind is how its going to be... plus. what if you want to knock them accross the map... say you want to confuse them and hit them accross the map... then throw a few punches and kicks... what then...
Who needs to knock them across the map, it just makes comboing harder. I still don't see why hitting them across the map and then throwing a few punches and kicks would differ when the amount of distance a person is hit back, especially since a shorter distance (how it is going to be in 1.2) will make getting to your opponent easier. So you're going to have to clarify what you don't like about it, because I'm not exacly sure... totally.

Chris109 said:
and how are you going to be able to fight more that one person??? right now i can fight 2vs1 easily. what about when 1.2 comes out... will it just be 1 on 1.
As far as I can remember it was impossible to 2vs1 (as in combining to hit the person) in 1.1. So I don't see how this is going to change other than now you can throw the person at your second opponent.

Chris109 said:
and what about combos. you know how there are the combos now like hitting them up then down etc... what about when 1.2 comes out...
Well now they are really hard to pull off, I like it this way because there is room for skill to take over.

Chris109 said:
and one more thing. what about lag. you say you have ways to reduce the lag... how are you going to reduce the lag when you are putting in more animations and stuff....
I highly doubt that the animations will make a huge difference in fps.

Chris109 said:
not just that... but what about the current models some people have now. they arent the orriginals... so that means they wont be able to perform the animations and stuff... if you could enlighten me that'd be great. and plz dont give me some reply that doesnt answer my question. if you dont have an answer plz dont reply. simple as that
Well this shouldn't change custom models at all, they just have to reassign their model to the new skeleton. Most of the model's animations out there were not made by their creator but by the ESF team (the creator assigned their model to the ESF skeleton). Don't worry you'll still get your fan models.

By the way, this should have gone in ESF Chat.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
all of this is said all over the forums a simple search lends the answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom