Death from Above
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
As many of you have noticed there is double posting issues

They are being worked up

But in the mean time here a way to stop you from double posting

When the box pops up asking if you want to leave the page click the top x and reload the page
Confirm the reload in the next pop-up and all should be fine

Not sure if Fire Fox or Explorer work the same way but this is how it works for Chrome

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
I use Chrome and yeah I pretty much spam the update and stop update button until it stops loading, it always makes me post twice and I always have to edit it. I remember there was a thread regarding this and it was fixed for a while, what made it come back?

Death from Above
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I use Chrome and yeah I pretty much spam the update and stop update button until it stops loading, it always makes me post twice and I always have to edit it. I remember there was a thread regarding this and it was fixed for a while, what made it come back?
Sky isn't sure but he's investigating

But the way I posted stops the double post all together

The only Russian ESF fan
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Okay, I'll just be the first to say it:

Thanks ;)

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
i'm using maxthon and i'm not having this problem at all

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I do the same thing. Plus everyone should be using Chrome. It's magic.

Only go forward sideways
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
Another solution to double posting is to simply click the Edit button when it happens and Delete everything after your original message.

PS:Chrome is for casual Internet users. Firefox is more for people that actually know what they're doing or would like to know what is going on behind their scenes :p. Also there's more options + addons/extension etc. I think the support is pretty great too. Maxthon is not bad at all but it never really got any momentum. Think it just suffers from bad marketing really which is a shame because it is just as good as Chrome and Firefox.

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Another solution to double posting is to simply click the Edit button when it happens and Delete everything after your original message.

PS:Chrome is for casual Internet users. Firefox is more for people that actually know what they're doing or would like to know what is going on behind their scenes :p. Also there's more options + addons/extension etc. I think the support is pretty great too. Maxthon is not bad at all but it never really got any momentum. Think it just suffers from bad marketing really which is a shame because it is just as good as Chrome and Firefox.

Wow. There really is elitism in just about everything.

Death from Above
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers

If you actually read my post it's a solution to avoid the double posting in the first place

And this is a thread for a forum issue not a browser debate

Only go forward sideways
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
If you actually read my post it's a solution to avoid the double posting in the first place

And this is a thread for a forum issue not a browser debate
Your solution doesn't work for me so I have to edit my posts all the time. This is on Firefox 20.

Misanthropist
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
The only time i have double posting issues is if I have a program running for catching streaming data like a media catcher or repeater. I have tested this many times with the same consistent result - stop recording, stop doubleposting; start recording, start doubleposting.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I haven't experienced the double posting issue, for some reason. :|

Death from Above
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
It's been solved for the most part

Closed as it's no longer required

Status