A noob ask for help

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Hi, i m new here. I know about the esf project long time ago but yesterday I bought Half life 1.

So i have some problems.

1) When i m trying to join a server with a frozen arena(or something like that) map the game crashes and it gives me a fatal error: namek.wad cant open

2)I downloaded the bigpack 8.4 addon but when i try to run it , winrar gives me an error: The file is corrupt.

And a last but not critical:
I can find few servers only and 2-3 from all servers have some players. Is this a problem too?

Sorry for my bad english

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Welcome to the forums! Don't worry, these don't sound too tricky to sort out ^^.

1) http://www.gamers-desire.de/jdownloads/esf-world/miscellaneous/guru_namek_wads contains the wad files you'll need for certain maps.
2) Your download seems to be corrupt, perhaps downloading it again from another host might help.
3) There aren't too many servers with players on nowadays, there are a few though.

Hopefully that sorts everything. If you plan to use the Big Pack, make sure you install ECX RC2 properly. Enjoy your stay here, feel free to ask any questions you have!

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Welcome to the forums! Don't worry, these don't sound too tricky to sort out ^^.

1) http://www.gamers-desire.de/jdownloads/esf-world/miscellaneous/guru_namek_wads contains the wad files you'll need for certain maps.
2) Your download seems to be corrupt, perhaps downloading it again from another host might help.
3) There aren't too many servers with players on nowadays, there are a few though.

Hopefully that sorts everything. If you plan to use the Big Pack, make sure you install ECX RC2 properly. Enjoy your stay here, feel free to ask any questions you have!
1)This is corrupted too
2)Do you know some other host? Because the [HL2Files] mirror not working.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The file does seem to be corrupted. I can't actually find a proper link to it, you may have to download an older version of ESF (like 1.0 or 1.1) then copy the file across to your 1.2.3. For the bigpack, try ESF-world. Hopefully that won't be a bad download too!

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I got another problem,sometimes while I m playing esf it disconnect me from the server. Is just like i disconnected on my own but i didnt. Can someone help me?

While i "finally" found a server with guys like me(newbs) and i was able to kick butts i got disconnected. I m 100% sure I wasnt kicked by some admin.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After you get kicked, check the console. If there is an error it will be in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom