A much needed change

Best answers
I just got on the forums, and im not sure if his has been debated, but i had an interesting idea about transformations, when someone initiates a trasnformation, NO ONE on the map can do any sort of attack(as if held back in awe of whoever is transformings power i guess). It seems kindof stupid to be able to knock someone out of transforming with a ki blast or melee, since this is really never done on the show. And mabye make the transformation sequences longer, something really dramatic like on the show. Whats done now is good but its not really earth shaking, mabye have the audio of someone transforming play all over the map. This is a great mod but it has far to go to be legendary =)

One other thing, the ability to call someone out for a duel and be free from interference. Bind a key to the command, and when you press it it selects the duel lock on attack, when you lock onto the person you want to duel it will notify them, and they have five seconds to lock on or it cancels. When you both accept, your attacks are then only able to damage each other, and no one else is able to damage you. This could even be made to have team duels, by locking onto multiple players and then having them lock onto you. Just some thoughts.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I kinda like the duel idea, but I don't like the transformation idea. What about in a big game when people are dying and respawning alot? Theres going to be many transformations, and the game will be interupted far too much.

Best answers
I agree, people would be respawning and tranforming interrupting ps and melee. Also, when people achieved instand transmission, the game would be like stop and go. The worst part being if someone pressed z then after tranforming pressed x they would be able to transform again, spamming the game with frozen characters. not a very good idea, i must admit.

Best answers
I agree with the dueling thing as well.. but.. I dunno.. it seems like it might be kinda like copying stuff from StarWars : Jedi Knight 2 : Outcast. But.. Other then that fact, I really think its a great idea.. and.. as for the other thing, Maybe not stop everyone, but... The sound play to everyone.. like.. within a distance, and actually get quieter as you get further or closer to the person transforming, and maybe make the person who's transforming, Invicable, or unattackable, so that they can transform in peace, I've been kicked, punched, axehandled, and smashed afew times before when I was transforming.

Best answers
I wasnt thinking about the constant spam youd have to deal with from people dying then transforming, so how about this, only the FIRST time you transform into something new it makes everyone unable to attack. I just like the idea of someone transforming being turned into a spectacle like on the show.

Thanks for pointing that out. BTW about the duel feature being a copy of kJedi knight or whatever was talked about, I wouldnt know because i have never played those games :)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So like the long dramatic scene when they go SSJ the first time? That would work out. It should probably be an option that you could turn on before you make the server though, because I wouldn't like being in a power struggle and then the camera shifts to a guy going SSJ for 10 seconds.

Best answers
Yeah lol, i didnt really mean any camera work, just that once it started no new attacks could be done while the person transformed for the first time.

And as a stopgap measure the person who is transforming is also invincble while its still going.

One other thing, mabye make it so you would have to come to the center of the map before you would be able to have a transformation, so that everyong could see it and you could feel cool :p

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well is must agree with the transformations they are too short i also would like something very dramatic.The transformations should be twice as long as they are now and a little more fx i like goku's transformation those lightning flashes around him really rock! This also indicates that some transformations can have some more fx like there should be more of that fog around buu when he transforms.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I disagree with both.
Your melee suggestion has been suggested before.

And the transformation one too.
And I will say the same thing. It is best to just be quiet and find a
place to hide then Transform. Because if they did give immunity to
you while transforming people would keep descending/ascending
just so you wont hit them.

Best answers
Originally posted by Proud_Prince
I disagree with both.
Your melee suggestion has been suggested before.

And the transformation one too.
And I will say the same thing. It is best to just be quiet and find a
place to hide then Transform. Because if they did give immunity to
you while transforming people would keep descending/ascending
just so you wont hit them.

Who would do that o_o? I don't think it should be done because of Proud's point. But, can someone make special places for people to transform? Like spawn points farther away from the battlegrounds or something? Harder to get to?

Best answers
Trust me, making you invincable is the worst thing to do and I know many people that will abuse the Z and X thing. Also it doesn't make sense. Just because it never happened in the show it can't happen in the game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
do you have any idea how annoying it is to try to transform while everyone is firing at you?!!? you can't even transform and they'll beat you forever

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well attempt to hide, and if that does not work wait til you get the perfect trans pl. remember that as your pl increases, trans time decreases so maybe its not always best to trans right away.

Best answers
Originally posted by Vegeta's Briefs
Who would do that o_o?
People who get their jollies from screwing up games instead of playing them. :S

I like the idea that the first time you transfrom, you're invincible: but if that happens, you should burn up more ki with the transformation.

For those who complain about the fact that transforming is risky: that's the whole point. Your health, power and speed all get buffed up by a transformation - the disadvantage to that is that you might not make it. Also, it makes it more satisfying when you do transform.

Making characters invincible when transforming would take the fun out of it for me.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, like ChannelForThePain said, just because you CAN transform, doesn't mean you always should. Wait a bit until your PL is high enough to be able to transform relatively quickly, then go hide somewhere and do it. (The maps are large enough)

Best answers
Well im sorry people arent even reading everything here before they make a reply that ends up sounding stupid.

I already said its a ONE TIME ONLY thing that you are invincible when you reach a new form, so abusing the ascending/descending thing is impossible, thanks for not taking the time to read. And someone else suggested server side options as well to fit the style of play.

Some people are just trying to put my idea down instead of helping refine it into a better one. Graveler if you don't agree with me at least list some reasons instead of wasting a post saying "I dont agree with a single thing hes posted" because frankly no one cares.

My melee idea mightve been suggested womewhere else as well but I had not seen it so dont be an idiot and flame me for suggesting it.

For those who were objective and helpful with their replys, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom