a matrix game where you can play as neo!!!!

DiZ

Best answers
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/thematrixthepathofneo/news_6118536.html

Neo-Matrix game named, detailed

Atari uploads details on new title set in The Matrix universe; game lets players take control of "The Chosen One" himself.

Atari today made an official announcement on the next installment of games based on the Matrix franchise. Dubbed The Matrix: Path of Neo, the game is set in the universe of The Matrix trilogy. Path of Neo will jack into PCs, PlayStation 2s, and Xboxes this coming holiday season. The title is being developed by Shiny Entertainment, the studio behind 2003's Enter the Matrix
While the existence of an upcoming Matrix title has been known for a while, the name and details of the project were revealed only today. In The Matrix: Path of Neo, gamers will play as Neo, the sci-fi savior set to free humans from their prisons of virtual reality as created by an invading alien species. The game will feature gameplay based on scenes from The Matrix, The Matrix Reloaded, The Matrix Revolutions, and The Animatrix collection of anime shorts.

The Wachowski brothers, creators of the Matrix films, will be heavily involved in the game. According to Atari, "The path the player takes to resolve each scenario and the resulting consequences will be scripted and directed by the Wachowski Brothers." The game will also feature the likenesses of the actors portrayed in the films--Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Ann Moss, and Laurence Fishburne and more will be included--as well as footage from all four films of the franchise.

The game is being developed even though its predecessor was little more than a virus in critic's lists. Released in 2003, Enter the Matrix received mediocre reviews. Despite the critical drubbing, it has sold nearly six million units worldwide, and featured an original plotline which took place alongside the events of Reloaded.

While The Matrix: Path of Neo won't be released for around nine months, Matrix-mad gamers will be able to jack into the favorite artificial reality much sooner. The Matrix Online, a massively multiplayer online role-playing game being published by Sega and Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment, hits PCs March 22.

Best answers
I already can't wait for this game. Enter the Matrix was more than pleasing for me, awesome game. I guess some people don't think so though. This Matrix should be awesome. :) Highly anticipatied already for me :):)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you know anything about model replacment you should know that you could play as neo in enter the matrix for pc :D. But blehh..im all matrixed out, too much matrix hype ;P.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
9 months pff.....remind me in 8 and half months please.

Best answers
Big whoop. Enter the Matrix sucked big time and I don't see much hope for this one if it follows the movies. I prefer watching the movies (I'm one of the few people who actually liked Reloaded and Revolutions) to playing some half-assed 3D Double Dragon-ish Matrix game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Enter The Matrix was the worst video game I have ever played.

It's sad because it just seems like such a no-brainer to make a GOOD matrix game...

...yet the franchise is cursed to forever suck in game crossover. I think it has to do with the Wachowski brothers. They've been involved with every game, and every game was/will be weak.

Hopefully this one, they at least finish animating before they release it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom