a little peice of mind.

Best answers
I'm not telling you guy's that you are wrong. You do perfectly good jobs. It's just that there are too many troubles in this forum. (it ain't any of your faults) It happens to all forums anyway.
I was suggesting that we (and I mean WE. mods, members, etc.) should act nicer and much more mature, to ensure this forum's future :)
You've never given us any problems gr00vy, and I doubt you ever will :p

I just hope the noob's and everybody else are generous enough to have a look at this thread.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a good thought and all. And I would love to see everyone act nicely to each other. But that seems like a dream just out of reach.

Human beings naturally focus on negative things. I could give someone 99 compliments and one negative comment and they will most likely remember the negative one most.

And we must also realize that a lot of out forum goers are around the pre-teen to early teenager age. So trying to have everyone act mature may be more difficult than you think. :rolleyes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think the job they do at mod'n this forun is a great job.

and if i am understanding you correctly, you want the mods to go less harsh on people that are a bit slow... using that logic the cops should go easy on me if i put someone in a coma for 3 years because i didnt understand what i just did. its called criminal neglagence (i think). becasue your too stupid to understand the rules/law doesnt mean u get around them. the only exception to this i belive would be if the person is a minor. these forums have many many minors. and if minors are aloud to do as they please they will never learn. if your mom/dad never told u not to yell and scream and hit other kids i bet you would still be doing it and see nothing wrong with it (i know some kids like that). punishment is one of the main ways people learn things. sure it may tick u off when it happens, but looking back you realize, "gee i shouldnt have done that, it was pretty stupid". i have looked back at my life and thought this many times. so while the little kids that get warned/punished whatever may not enjoy it (they arent suposed to) its something that must be done or these forums would be in chaos.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First I would like to say that I know what your getting at but using the equation isn't really valid sence people are trained to find whats wrong with an equation or to find a pattern throughout their teaching.
Your right about a lot of kids being here pain. What people have to understand though is that kids today are growing up with the internet. On the internet there is no one to yell in there face or to punish them when they do wrong. They don't fear anything because they don't feel anything can happen to them while there in front of the computer. You will always get kids that think that its cool to come in and harrass and flame others and won't care when you tell them to stop. It's something you have to deal with and thats what the mods do. Asking some snot nose kid why he is going around crashing esf servers is just going to get you an answer along the lines of "because I can". Allthough it sucks it's the truth. A very sad truth...

Best answers
Well well this post is kinda weird in my eyes...cuz well lets face it this is a forum for a game O_O but now it looks like a life story.

Although i get the points you guys are making i dont think this will sove a thing, and not only that i keep saying it rulez r rulez (got a warning myself once and yeah was pretty pissed found it utterly bs why i got it but so be it)

To keep it short the mods r doin fine yeah, sometimes i find them abit overworked (grumpy) but well this is their forum so well what can you say huh and if you cant bear to see what goin on , on this forum just dont read the "negative" posts ignore em and they wont bother you in any way.

Or if it stil does dont go in the forum id say, but remember life aint ez 100% for sure....but this is a game forum ppl!!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
all i can say is dont push a guy who made the thing your annoying him on, they made this forum, they uploaded it, there paying for it, cut the guys some slack, if they wanna flame us to hell, let em rip, nobody should tell a mod how to do his job, ever ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd like to agree with quartz on this one, but i simply can't. When someone breaks a rule, they need to be punished, regardless if they need "help" or not. Your math example is skewed, people would point that problem out not only for negative reasons, but for positive or constructive reasons as well, to infact "help" you. Not only that, the wrong equation stands out, which automatically triggers a response. If you did an opposite test, say that # stands for "is not equal to."
3+4#8 5-4#2 6+12#18 5+5#11

people would instinctivley point out the right answer, thus disproving your theory.

I beleive the forum is fine, a little disagreement here and there is healthy in my opinion. Sure if everyone could be rid of bad attitude and negativity, we would all like that, however it will never happen, and a post like this won't help much. I respect what you're trying to say, but i just think it's pointless.

Also when you pointed out Gman's post being negative, i disagree with you, it was his opinion. You can't just complain about a negative post just because it's against your opinion.

I don't mean to be rude or anything either, but you make it sound like the mods don't try and help out those who break rules. In each warning i see given, i also see an explanation why it was given. If this is not enough for people to learn from their mistakes, then yes, they deserve to be warned or banned.

I beleive in fair treatment, no matter what everyone should get the same treatment, if they do something wrong they get punished, if they do something good, they get awarded in one way or the other. Just becuase they are different doesn't mean they should get special treatment, that only supports racism, bias and other similar ideas. All in all, some people have it harder than others, but that's just how life is.

Best answers
riiight.. you just kinda summed up what I said... anyway.. I think the mods here do a fine job :D (/suckup). No, really, they do, honestly. Mods do what they should do when someone breaks the rules- and that of course would be punishing them. Like I said before, if you catch someone breaking the rules, and give them only a slap on the hand, the chances of them doing it again is a lot more likely than one that got the correct punishment.

Best answers
umm... Phatslugga... You don't understand,
I meant, they are really supposed to be punished as well.
But, a little understanding is recommended. (but still, Punishing was never out of the question :p )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom